DONE: SAAB OAS 41, Swedish Air Force; F 7 at Satenäs AB, 2014; beauty pix @p. 3

Started by Dizzyfugu, September 30, 2014, 02:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: Flyer on October 02, 2014, 02:38:32 AM
A torpedo carrying stealth wing in ground effect vehicle?

Stealth Ekranoplan, owned by a SW Asian/North African nation that borders a large body of water?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Quote from: scooter on October 02, 2014, 02:45:39 AM

Stealth Ekranoplan, owned by a SW Asian/North African nation that borders a large body of water?

Water is not necessary as an Ekranoplan could operate over sufficiently flat land such as desert or grassland.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Ah, that's going wild now. Even though the Ekranoplan idea is nice I am not THAT innovative - still just an aircraft... ;)

zenrat

Quote from: zenrat on October 02, 2014, 03:32:28 AM
Quote from: scooter on October 02, 2014, 02:45:39 AM

Water is not necessary as an Ekranoplan could operate over sufficiently flat land such as desert or grassland.

Or snow.
Imagine these scattering the Lemmings as they skim at ultra low level over the Taiga using ground effect for improved fuel economy.

Is that weapons bay long enough for torpedoes?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Flyer on October 02, 2014, 04:30:49 AM
That looks wild! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: But where does "the torpedo boat idea has a certain grain of truth to it" fit in  :-\

It's "hidden" in the inspiration for the paint scheme: Norwegian "Skjold" class coastal patrol ships:

;D

Captain Canada

"useful and Swedish" lol She sure looks good ! Love the cockpit/ canopy....you'd get a great view from there !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

perttime

But what's it for?
It is small, so it doesn't carry a big load either.
Såtenäs base isn't near seas or borders but it is near a pretty big lake.
Some sneaky attack role for assassinating enemy company commanders?

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 02, 2014, 09:45:51 AM
Magic stuff Thomas, where did the cockpit and canopy come from?  :thumbsup: :bow:

Yes, that's exotic. The base section as well as the cockpit "bathtub" was donated/implanted from a Revell X-32, but its canopy was too bulbous (looked horrible, if not goofy!), so I tried and used a reversed F/A-18B canopy. It matched pretty well but necessitated some cosmetic surgery.

The canopy was tinted in light brown - a trick, too, since the original part had some stains and had to be sanded and polished, and as a final coat the clear color came handy...  :rolleyes: And it looks cool, too.

Satenäs and F 7 was chosen because its a squadron that frequently deployed new aircraft.

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Dizzyfugu

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 01, 2014, 05:44:17 AM
Quote from: Gondor on September 30, 2014, 11:01:17 AM
Twin Fin and twin engined I am betting by the look of things.

Gondor

Keen eye and imagination... very good!  ;)

Scale is, as per usual, 1:72.

Muahahah...  :wacko:

Simple extrapolation from the given data Dr Watson

Sherlock
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Project is done, but pics are pending due to lack of good weather and a busy weekend. Hope to add the final steps in a couple of days...  :rolleyes: