F-14B Tomcat German Navy, MFG 1, OP Desert Shield 1990

Started by Aragorn, October 07, 2014, 07:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragorn

Hi all

On it goes with the German Navy flyers:

This is my F-14B from MFG 1, taking part in operation Desert Shield in 1990; the aircraft was part of the airwing of German Navy's Nimitz class carrier "Konrad Adenauer", depicted here on a rece mission over Kuwait.

The Aircraft carries a TARPS pod, and two Sidewinders and two Sparrows for self-defence (German Navy "Bs" were fixed for the TARPS, other than their US counterparts, as Germany had the whole F-14 fleet switched to the "B"-standard). Camo pattern is "Norm 83G", still with the early form of "Norm 83" markings, colours are RAL7030 stone grey, RAL 7023 concrete grey, RAL7012 basalt grey.
For comparison with "Norm 83F"/later markings there's also a pic together with my F-14D.

Hope you'll enjoy this  <_<

"Den Luftraum über See, beherrscht das MFG" (The aerospace over the seas is ruled by the German Navy Air Arm)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aragorn

"Den Luftraum über See, beherrscht das MFG" (The aerospace over the seas is ruled by the German Navy Air Arm)

PR19_Kit

They both look wholly believable, and nicely done too.  :thumbsup: :bow:

What scale are they?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Aragorn

Thanks for your comments! These birds are 1/72, as all my German Navy whiffs are/will be (Shape of things to come: F-14A Tomcat, F-4J Phantom II, F3H Demon, F4D Skyray, A-4E Skyhawk, and some other stuff which is already in my hands to be whiffed  :rolleyes:).
The colour schemes are from actual German Navy aircrafts, just the patterns and their names are slightly modified to fit the a/c and my timeframe.

sandiego89

Quote from: Aragorn on October 07, 2014, 08:36:33 AM
Thanks for your comments! These birds are 1/72, as all my German Navy whiffs are/will be (Shape of things to come: F-14A Tomcat, F-4J Phantom II, F3H Demon, F4D Skyray, A-4E Skyhawk, and some other stuff which is already in my hands to be whiffed  :rolleyes:).
The colour schemes are from actual German Navy aircrafts, just the patterns and their names are slightly modified to fit the a/c and my timeframe.

Very nice looking forward to the rest!  May I suggest a Vigilante as well in the German two tone?  Can never be too many Vigilante WHIF's.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Glenn Gilbertson

That looks beautiful and believable! :thumbsup:
How about Buccaneer & SR.177?

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Aragorn

Hi

Vigilant will follow in the more far future (too much to build before), Buccaneer will be build in the next month, but not as German Navy (doesn't fit my background story), but it'll be a naval whiff nevertheless.  ;D

Captain Canada

Wow ! That's beautiful. L<ove the weapons load. The pod is such a nice touch too....always nice to see something to make a model stand out.

What are the RAL colours ? Is that a specific paint ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Aragorn

Hi Captain Canada

The specific colours you can find in my text above the pics, pattern and colours were actually used on a Navy Tornado fo trials for the later "Norm 87" camouflage (which used much darker colours in the end, you can find some of these on "http://www.jpsmodell.de/dc/", search under "Germany, Marineflieger").

Cobra

Superb Work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: why do i almost get the Urge to Hum the Top Gun anthem when i see Planes like that? Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Aragorn

Hi Dan

You're making me feeling ashamed  ;D Yes, there's more to come, right now I have my F-4J on my work bench, waiting to be part of the German involvement in Vietnam...

FAR148

Aragorn,
Those are two beauties! :wub:

Very cool
Steven L :thumbsup: