Main Menu
M

Help!

Started by Mairfrog, September 29, 2004, 02:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mairfrog

Right, I think I've straightened it. It's no where near perfect but a lot better than it was. I even managed to get most of the twist out. I'm gonna go with this part unless anything horrible happens to it overnight and hopefully can get on with building (again) tomorrow.

Thanks for the offer of those bits, Lee. I'm duty bound to try the brass but if it all goes pear shaped I'll come running to you for those consoles.  ^_^  At the moment I'm trying to persevere with what I've got.

So, in the spirit of optimism/naivety, I move on to the offset cockpit. There really is naff all one can do about this but does anyone have any tips for helping to hide it? I'm sore tempted to keep the canopies closed (a temptation that may be enforced by canopy cutting disasters later on). Mine is about 2mm offset to starboard and this means that the seats are off the center line.

What a mare of a kit! and this is before I have to fix the bloody noseleg. :(  

K5054NZ

Whatever happened to this build? I'm embarking on the same one come January.

nev

Dunno how its progressed, but Simon ain't been round these parts much lately between finishing his degree and starting work for Rolls Royce (and greatly missed he is too)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

K5054NZ

Oh, that's sad he's gone, but at the same time good on him...Rolls eh? Cool! Well I'll be sure to post progress pics of my Heritage TSR come January when it arrives from the UK. My kind benefactor - you know who you are! Nudge nudge!