Seen BESIDE a Lincolnshire house today

Started by Rheged, October 08, 2014, 10:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I spent many a frustrating week in Grantham, trying to commission a test rig for Aveling-Barford, the heavy plant manufacturers. They assured us they knew all about cooling systems and were going to use their own radiators and fans on our system, except they must have had the decimal point in the wrong place as the whole shebang overheated in a matter of minutes!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mr.Creak

Last time I was there (about 2000) Grantham had a decent model shop.
And I went to college there too (Grantham that is, not the model shop) in the '70s.
Not only a decent model shop (not the same one) but a pretty good bookshop (Hammerton's) as well.
But the town moved regularly.
I lived in Stamford - going up the A1 to college the road signs read "Grantham - 20 miles", but coming home every evening in the opposite direction they were "Stamford - 19 miles".
It was also the home of BMARC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMARC) although I never got to see their factory...
What if... I had a brain?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.