1/72 Heinkel He-177Z A6/R3 Aalborg April 1945

Started by trickyrich, October 17, 2014, 03:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: trickyrich on October 17, 2014, 01:05:52 PM
the botten drawing is pretty close to the "plans" for a future He-477 "Amerika Bomber", have two more He-177's just waiting!
the wings and body of this will be stretched!
Wonderful again! Are you the (genius) author of this 3-view drawing? or does it come from someone else (waiting you to build it)?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Dear trickyrich,
As you are a newcomer here, maybe you don't know me: I am not only the Nr1 Zwilling-fan in the whole World (of what-if modellers), I am also the Nr2 of Asymmetric-aircraft fans in the World, and what I prefer are asymmetric zwillings, like this He-577:

trickyrich

Quote from: Tophe on October 17, 2014, 07:46:01 PM
Quote from: trickyrich on October 17, 2014, 01:05:52 PM
the botten drawing is pretty close to the "plans" for a future He-477 "Amerika Bomber", have two more He-177's just waiting!
the wings and body of this will be stretched!
Wonderful again! Are you the (genius) author of this 3-view drawing? or does it come from someone else (waiting you to build it)?

no that's all my work, I get bored while i'm away with work (work over in the NW corner of Aust on a 3w/1w roster) so have plently of time to come up with ideas.

As you're a Zwilling fan here are a couple of more for you.

did this for someone to give them some ideas...either a two seater Nightfigher or a single seater (centre drawing)

some ideas during the planning stages for the build.

And for something completely different.........and you thought the Heinkel was big!

Tophe

Delicious new batch of marvels! Thanks a lot!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Quote from: Tophe on October 17, 2014, 10:11:25 PM
I am not only the Nr1 Zwilling-fan in the whole World (of what-if modellers), I am also the Nr2 of Asymmetric-aircraft fans in the World
Well, I am at fist the Nr1 twin-boom-fan, but this includes Zwilling in French definition ("bipoutre").
Concerning non-Zwilling twin-boomers, there was of course the He-077 below (before the designer judged the tail gunner would be better installed in the main pod/fuselage):

PR19_Kit

Tophe's not so much a Zwilling fan, as being totally OBSESSED with twin-boom aircraft!  ;D :lol:

But that and his 'Assymetry Rules OK' outlook on life is a constant source of inspiration to those of us on here who are only slightly 'infected'.   ;D

LOVE the 'Twunderland' BTW, but goodness knows if my model shelves would be strong enough to support one!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on October 17, 2014, 11:04:31 PM
Concerning non-Zwilling twin-boomers, there was of course the He-077 below (before the designer judged the tail gunner would be better installed in the main pod/fuselage):
On the opposite, the (also-twin-boom) He-677 was a late derivative of the He-177, coming after your the He-177Z A6/R3 had proven separate tails do work well, and this brings us back to loving your very inspirational model! :wub: Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Dear trickyrich, as you are the leading Historian that created this great topic, could you tell us what the He-777 was?  :unsure: (with its funny name, decades before Boeing). No need to build it immediately but please describe it, and I may try to illustrate it...

trickyrich

hmmm  :-\ I'm not too sure about that one as the evolutionary train hasn't quite got there yet.......still issue with strategic materials and such!! :banghead:

though by this stage it was a bit of revolution thrown in with evolution, Turbo-Props and Jets were becoming the norm.

The He-177Z thus evolved into the He-777Z with the fitment of 6 of the new Heinkel HeS 011 jets mounted in pairs in the wings (rumour has it these will be replaced by Junker 022's Turbo Fans...He977Z???). This streamline fitting of these engines improved the general performance. The nose and tail radars were removed and replaced with the new FuG260 "Bonn" all aspect radar mounted in a dish above the centre wing and the new FuG252 "Grumble" Attack radar in the RH nose.

The He-477Z thus evolved into the He-877Z with the fitment of 4 of the new Heinkel HeS 21 Turbo-Prop engines plus a pair of Heinkel HeS 011 jets mounted in the outer wings for improved take-off and climbing performance. Due to the extreme altitude this aircraft can fly at the FuG260 "Bonn" all aspect radar is mounted under the centre wing to provide AWACS capability!!

Gosh at this rate I'll be building these beasts for years!!! When I get back to my new/old shifts I'll work on some detailed drawing.......Got too may  builds to complete when I get home!!!

Tophe

Thanks a lot! for this happy piece of engineering delirium! :thumbsup: ;D
No need for you to build them all, of course, it is enough (and so pleasant) to make us dream! In a few minutes, I may draw them, or some of them, thanking you again! :lol:

Tophe

I have started playing with this jet-subject, thanks! But do you rather imagine jets in pods under the wing? :unsure:

Captain Canada

That twin Sunderland could probablt circumnavigate the world !

:wub: :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

trickyrich

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 19, 2014, 05:49:31 PM
That twin Sunderland could probablt circumnavigate the world !

it would probably spend most of the time trying to get out of the water......maybe a bit under powered!

:wub: :thumbsup:
Quote from: wuzak on October 19, 2014, 01:44:06 PM
How about some cheek mounted jet pods, like the Ju 287?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/heliopause/Ju287V1a.jpg

http://www.kheichhorn.de/assets/images/ju287-01.jpg

http://www.avionslegendaires.net/Images/Gju287.jpg

http://avia-museum.narod.ru/germany/ju-287.jpg

I had originally thought about a pair of additional jets mounted on the sides of the nose similar to the Ju287, but was worried about the jet wash on the props.

wuzak

Quote from: trickyrich on October 19, 2014, 06:16:32 PMI had originally thought about a pair of additional jets mounted on the sides of the nose similar to the Ju287, but was worried about the jet wash on the props.

Looking back again, I would think that the props would strike cheek mounted jets.

trickyrich

they were close but no fouling, the main problem I had was that the exhaust from them probably would have cooked off weapons on the fuselage pylons. As it is I'm not 100% happy with the centre wing pylon, the exhaust from this pair of engines wouldn't have done the missile there much good....

I'll look to see if I have any of the drawings I did with the additional jet in place, they would have sat quite low on the nose gondola, so forward of the props and away from their rotational path.