In photos: A flight over Brisbane in an Australian Army Black Hawk helicopter

Started by rickshaw, October 21, 2014, 09:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

I used to love flying in choppers.  I had no illusions as to how unsafe they were but having the doors removed and nothing between you and the ground is so exhilarating!  Flying nap-of-Earth was exciting.  I used to love it when they left the ramp open in transport aircraft as well.  This bloke just doesn't know how lucky he was. 

PR19_Kit

Mrs_PR19 and I went for a flight in a Chinook from RAF Odiham on a Families Day (it was 'Bravo November'  ZA718 too  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:) and they left the ramp open all the way. Once we'd got to cruise altitude, about 250 ft (!) over Hampshire the Loadmaster asked if anyone would like to come and stand on the ramp to see out.

1 msec later I was there.  ;D

They clipped a harness on me so I didn't fall out of course, but even so it was brill watching Hampshire whizz by at all sorts of strange angles.  :lol:

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Never had a chance to do that on a Chinook but did it on Caribous and Hercules.  I also had the chance in 1982 to do in a RNZAF Andover.  Loads of fun!   :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

First time I flew was in an Islander with no door.  I was sitting on the floor just aft of the doorway and wasn't strapped in other than by my static line.
Great view of Devon.
Once we got to 3500ft I was, I think, the fourth one to jump.
Best hangover cure ever.
I wish i'd done it again before I got too old but I didn't and my back wouldn't stand up to it now.
I'm still proud of the fact i've taken off in a plane more times than i've landed in one.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 22, 2014, 06:02:46 PM

I'm still proud of the fact i've taken off in a plane more times than i've landed in one.

Hehehehe, nice one!  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Librarian

Love that third photo, de-rigeur fashion when Ebola takes hold.

Unless you suffer from an existing heart condition skydiving can possibly extend your lifespan. Massive adrenaline rushes seem to have a rejuvinating ability....some research still ongoing. Not human but my cat at 17yrs was on the way out...usual symptoms including lots of grey hair amongst the black. Then he fell out of the third floor window landing shaken but unhurt on shingle :cheers:. Practically overnight his greys disappeared, he became more active and then lived happily for a further 5yrs. It was the vet that told me about the adrenaline theory.

zenrat

I'll try that as an excuse next time I get stopped for getting over enthusiastic on my motorbike.
"I'm sorry officer but I was working on improving my lifespan.  Look, i've got a note from my doctor prescribing I take the Mansfield-Whitfield road as fast as possible at least once a month".

Fred

rickshaw

Never quite figured out the point of jumping out of a perfectly working aeroplane...  ;) ;D

lancer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 23, 2014, 01:23:34 AM

Hehehehe, nice one!  :thumbsup:

He must be one of those odd people who jump out of perfectly serviceable planes with nothing but a little bit of fabric on his back....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

zenrat

Quote from: rickshaw on October 24, 2014, 07:22:56 AM

Never quite figured out the point of jumping out of a perfectly working aeroplane...  ;) ;D

Hormones.  I was trying to impress girlies.
Didn't work.
Fred

eatthis

Quote from: zenrat on October 25, 2014, 03:05:04 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on October 24, 2014, 07:22:56 AM

Hormones.  I was trying to impress girlies.
Didn't work.

girlies are evil evil creatures
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3