Toyota Landcruiser 80 Series CDC virus transport

Started by zenrat, October 23, 2014, 07:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Given what is happening in the world this is relevant and possibly in slightly bad taste.
Every year I build a car for the Scale Cannonball Run.  The vehicle eligibility varies slightly from year to year but the basics are build what you would use to race from sea to shining sea and it must look street legal.
I've built various vehicles based on achieving speed, handling and/or range and for last years build off decided to go for comfort and not being stopped.
I pondered for a while what sort of vehicle would not get stopped and realised that if the cops were afraid to go near it then they were likely to just wave it through their road blocks.
It's a Tamiya 1/24 kit (lovely kit - full detail including working suspension and steering.  They go for silly money on Evil-Bay but I was given this one) with the stock diesel 6 replaced with a turbocharged Toyota/Lexus DOHC V8).  Interior additions include 2 iPhones and an iPad for navigational purposes and a large fridge for keeping the red cordial and sandwiches cool.  Decals are home made.  It was all going really well until I went on a bit too heavy with the clear and the red mica colour from the plastic bloomed through primer, undercoat and top coat.
I'll repaint it one day but here it is with all it's imperfections.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Very nice ! Looks like the real thing to me...and a great disguise !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hobbes

Cool idea, and that sounds like a fun group build.

sandiego89

Really thought out well. Decals are great!  Agree it would be given a wide berth. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

nighthunter

Wife says, "That's Awesome!" and I say, well done, and very sneaky!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

zenrat

Thanks folks.  I imagined driving dressed in white disposable overalls and surgical mask.

This year i'm building a mid 70's Buick Skyhawk on a late 80's Firebird chassis running a blown small block.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Go4fun

Unless the paint looks rough or something, I like the color. I'm sure the distance sticker on the back would disappear into the distance as I called a full smoking halt behind it!  :o
"Just which planet are you from again"?

zenrat

The problem with the paint is that it's inconsistent. If you look at the last pic it's bloomed through above the front wheel but not on the door.
I'm just fussy i guess.  I spot flaws other people don't because I know they are there.
The stripes are airbrushed nail polish BTW.
Fred

Go4fun

"Just which planet are you from again"?

zenrat

1/24. Other than 1/25 what else would you build a car in?  ;D
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 27, 2014, 03:30:58 AM
1/24. Other than 1/25 what else would you build a car in?  ;D

1/1 scale?  ;D

And my slot cars are 1/32.  :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

1/1 gets a bit pricey and some of the parts are hard to lift on your own...
Fred

Mossie

Looks plausible to me. :thumbsup:

I can vouch for the effectiveness, there's no way a copper will stop that one unless they have to.  Working between two Universities, we used to have a little Sooty van for taking supplies back and forth sometimes including low-risk Biological specimens.  I had a prang where some idiot tried to overtake me and forgot he had a trailer attached and ripped the side door clean off (the only damage to him was a bit of paint on a tie down lug).  I had a container in the back marked up 'Biohazard', fortunately it was empty at the time.  Other than asking me if it was something we needed to worry about, he was very keen on moving on quickly!  Unfortunately the van was un-driveable and after I'd waited for the recovery truck, I had to walk the case a mile or so to the University, which I turned upside down so no-one would see the label....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

I might have to see about getting some Bio-Hazard stickers made up for the panniers on my Triumph...
Fred

NARSES2

Some people say I need them for the back pocket of my trousers  :blink: :rolleyes: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.