Hawker Hunter, IAC, 1956-60's?

Started by nighthunter, October 24, 2014, 12:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, what does the Forum's Populace think?

Natural Metal
Aircraft Grey Green
Camouflage
Aircraft Grey Green and Natural Metal

steelpillow

Quote from: dadlamassu on October 26, 2014, 12:08:21 PM
The first Hunters I saw were overall black.   111 Squadron at an airshow.

That would presumably have been the Black Arrows display team. I made their two-seat conversion trainer, XL610, and it looks awesome.

QuoteI don't think Ireland has an aerobatic team - so maybe a Hunter in green white and gold?

The old Aircam Avoation Series No.28 has a good many colourful schemes to provide inspiration. None are Irish, but that can soon be remedied. Some examples:

-  Two-seater XE531 sported a bright green-and-white finish: green overall with white fin, dorsal spine and nose side-stripe. Drop tanks white with green nose side-stripe. Would look good on the single-seater too.

-  No.112 Squadron did a "sharkmouth" scheme over the standard green-grey camo, very photogenic.

-  Fleet Air Arm - blue or grey upper, white under - very smart.

-  Gulf nations - sand/earth upper, sky lower. Gives me a weird feeling, like they are a WWII jet what-if.

None of these seems to be in your poll, so I don't know if that helps.

Most of the natural metal jobbies shown are either prototypes or two-seaters.

Cheers.

nighthunter

Hmm, I have an idea that is catching my interest, going to post it after I get home, currently in class.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

nighthunter

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

nighthunter

Work has officially started on the kit!

nighthunter

Work, has again, started on the Hunter.I suffered from a lack of desire to work on it as I have been struggling with classes, and depression. Also, due to living with my parents, and my mother specifically needing a caretaker, I caught that job. So, modeling has been a luxury. My wife just last week injured her knee, so now I have been taking care of the household by myself.

So tonight I found time to get the cockpit painted and partly assembled. The painting instructions seem a bit odd, rust colored back and light blue seat? And I noticed a distinct lack of a pilot... Revell, y'all are slacking!
I did look up Hunter cockpits, but don't remember seeing anything blue. As tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the states, I'll do my best to hunker down and work on it this holiday weekend. Probably while watching movies for Extra Credit :P

nighthunter

Thread Revival! I plan to start working on the Hunter again, and will have picture proof!

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nighthunter

nighthunter

Correction, today, proof, that I'm working on it, lol!

steelpillow

Cheers.

PR19_Kit

And a lovely kit to work on it is too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

major

Oooooo! Guess this means i best get me arse in gear! ;D

I'll PM you, re; Decals tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?