Hawker Hunter, IAC, 1956-60's?

Started by nighthunter, October 24, 2014, 12:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, what does the Forum's Populace think?

Natural Metal
Aircraft Grey Green
Camouflage
Aircraft Grey Green and Natural Metal

nighthunter

So, finally scored a 1/72 Revell Hunter, thanks Nick! Anyways, I am having a hard time figuring out how I want to paint it.

Natural Metal, the IAC Vampire trainers were NM.

Aircraft Grey Green, the IAC Seafires wore that scheme in the 1950s.

Camouflage, Dark Green, AGG, and NM, there's no precedence, but it might look cool.

Example:

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

kerick

NMF Hunters are rare, might look different than the usual pattern.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

I like the metal look. Maybe green with silver undersides ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nighthunter

So something like the Camo, only solid AGG? Sweden did a similar scheme, only a Dark Olive Green over Aluminum.

Like thus?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on October 24, 2014, 12:35:55 PM
NMF Hunters are rare, might look different than the usual pattern.

What? In the early days all of them were NMF!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

Are you sure? I've never seen one!

Nighthunter: I like all the schemes, but it depends on era, and mission. When are they in service, and what are they for?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

TallEng

Irish Air Corps Hunter?
It's got to be overall green like the Danish Hunters.

Regards
Keith
(How ever Rule 1 applies... It's your model... Do as you wish)
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

Quote from: pyro-manic on October 24, 2014, 02:45:49 PM

That's because all the modern ones have been camo'd and search engines select the new ones first.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

nighthunter

So, early RAF Hunters were NMF, Danish Hunters were OA Green, Swedish Hunters were half green half NMF... Lol

nighthunter

Nighthunter: I like all the schemes, but it depends on era, and mission. When are they in service, and what are they for?
Well, Pyro, I was thinking Aerospace Defense and Interdiction, as well as UN air support.

pyro-manic

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 24, 2014, 03:18:29 PM

That's because all the modern ones have been camo'd and search engines select the new ones first.

If you can find/know of a period photo of one, I'd love to see it! I was under the impression that Hunters had always been camouflaged, apart from some of the silver-painted T-birds.

Nighthunter: On that basis I'd go for one of the bottom two of your schemes, then. Even the standard RAF (green/grey over silver or light grey) scheme would work. More "tactical" than the NMF. If you had a specific event/campaign in mind, that could make for an interesting scheme too. Maybe something in Africa (UN mission in Congo, perhaps?), which could mean a green/sand or green/brown "desert" scheme...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

NARSES2

Just had a look at my Hunter picture book and all the single seaters in that are camouflaged. I can't remember seeing a NMF one
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Quote from: nighthunter on October 24, 2014, 12:33:27 PM

Natural Metal, the IAC Vampire trainers were NM.

Just to be a JMN for once, no Vampires were ever NM they were painted in a silver finish called High Speed Silver.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

TsrJoe

Overall high speed silver paint finish would look good, as would a nod to the Seafire III's on overall grey/green

Kit is correct, as is pyro too, the earliest Hunters were in overall silver, it was only when entering widespread service that the standard day camouflage scheme was adopted

Cheers, joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

PR19_Kit

It must have been the NMF Hunters I saw at Farnborough that impinged themselves on my memory. I've just spent a fruitless 30 mins trying to find a pic of one with no result.  :banghead:

I can almost predict my next model, an NMF Revell Hunter F6 in a mythical RAuxAF scheme.  ;D

Regards
Kit