Juliet Marine 'Ghost'

Started by McColm, October 26, 2014, 06:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Just been watching YouTube and came across the Juliet Marine GHOST. This looks like a smaller version of the Lockheed Sea Shadow stealth boat tested but not bought by the USNavy.
The GHOST has two air intakes where the upper meets the legs/pods(fuselage) and has a crew of three. The hold can accommodate weapons or has seats for 20 passengers. Defensive weapons can be carried externally.

I used the Revell 1/144 Lockheed Sea Shadow kit 05088 and fitted the jets from another Revell kit off the Martin SeaMaster at the rear. These would need to be moved forward behind the crew station (cockpit). A weapons bay would be scratch built utilizing the lower deck.  The Sea Shadow used electric motors to drive the propellers which are connected to pods These will need removing. I also used a 1/72 T-tail off a Victor kit and glued this at the rear for steering and braking. Although this is not an accurate copy of the GHOST, it could be the prototype.
I later added the air cushion/skirt from two Airfix 1/144 hovercraft kits. This created an oversized jet hovercraft for bulky loads.

McColm

I've got pictures on my FaceBook page ,search under uploads for my creations.
Steven James McColm
I thought I'd lost them, the 1/144 Sea Shadow hovercraft without the T-tail.

Captain Canada

Hover shadow ? Looks pretty cool. Did you ever paint it ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

No, not yet.
My nephew has it down in Falmouth Cornwall, he has broken the T-tail off. My brother-inlaw has cut out two rear doors and added an internal rectangle by carefully squaring up the spars that hold the side panels and roof. A ramp from the Airfix 1/72 Bristol Super Freighter kit makes a good ramp for the 1/76 diecast cars.

kerick

Quote from: McColm on October 26, 2014, 09:56:29 PM
No, not yet.
My nephew has it down in Falmouth Cornwall, he has broken the T-tail off. My brother-inlaw has cut out two rear doors and added an internal rectangle by carefully squaring up the spars that hold the side panels and roof. A ramp from the Airfix 1/72 Bristol Super Freighter kit makes a good ramp for the 1/76 diecast cars.

Well, it sounds like someone is having fun with it!!! That's the name of the game.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

That is the best part of model building....playing with them afterwards !

I want to scale-o-rama my Sea Shadow into a 350 scale a/c carrier type thing.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 27, 2014, 07:31:32 AM
That is the best part of model building....playing with them afterwards !

I want to scale-o-rama my Sea Shadow into a 350 scale a/c carrier type thing.

Sounds interesting!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

I think somebody esle did something similar....It's really such a spartan kit. Maybe I was thinking 144th scale, but then you'd barely have room for one Harrier or chopper, IIRC.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

If you were to cut the roof off,and cut the side panels to create side doors. The space created inside could be used as a landing pad for a helicopter or Harrier.
Maybe with two kits a stretched version or move the cockpit into the middle and have the two kits side by side. That should create plenty of space for a mini- carrier deck. (I'll try that myself!)