The de Havilland DH.88A Meteor, aka "MacRobertson Interceptor"

Started by steelpillow, October 31, 2014, 02:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

KiwiZac

Just superb! It reminds me of the DH Don....but pretty! I'm keen to read more of the backstory, and I love the magazine article idea.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

steelpillow

Truly staggered to win Gold in the fictional aircraft class at this year's IPMS Nationals. Having only two competitors thanks to Covid (and one of those being my DH 99 vampire prototype) must have helped. It was eligible as it had never been submitted before and, for god luck, I had tarted it up a little with navigation lights and stuff for the occasion, and printed out an 8-page A5 booklet with build details, backstory and centre-spread comprising a 1:72 scale 3-view.

Was delighted to meet up with Kitbasher, whose wonderful Supermarine Comet was on display on the What-If Special Interest Group (SIG) stand. There was a fair scatter of whiffs across many of the other club and SIG stands. Had any of them entered the competition, they might have given me a run for my money.

I'd say to anybody here, if you are proud of your whiffs, then even if you are less so of your ultimate craftsmanship, join the IPMS and put your best into the annual competition. It's not about winning, it's about encouraging others, and meeting up and having a blast.
Cheers.

NARSES2

Quote from: steelpillow on November 20, 2021, 03:33:05 AM
Truly staggered to win Gold in the fictional aircraft class at this year's IPMS Nationals.

Was thoroughly deserved  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Scotaidh

Very nicely done, and one really good introduction card!  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

comrade harps

Welcome to whif world!

:wub: the model and we live for detailed backstories here, so your entrance is gratefully accepted. Please stay, engage and keep them coming.
Whatever.