Freightdog new for Telford - 1/72 EE Lightning GA proposal

Started by Freightdog862, October 31, 2014, 06:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

The PL.1 proposal in Battle Flight also shows a Genie recessed in the belly pack.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Just in time to go nicely with this, Eduard have released a set of top-notch Bullpups:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ED672041
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

please could i have one set of these saved for me colin. it will look good with the lightning T4 trainer i'm building
at the mo' on a second lightning whiff.  :o
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

The Venerable Mike McEvoy has built a prototype one of these GA Lightnings from the Freightdog set, see his comments on the GOM page here, toward the bottom of the page :-

http://www.grumpyoldmodeller.com/mikespick.html
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Mikes been itching to do a shark mouth lightning for ages.

The Atlas has also been on the cards since he found out Revell were down scaling their kit to 1/144th

;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Weaver

Here's another thought re these: if you've got the Freightdog EE P.12 kit and an Airfix Canberra B(I).8 to apply it to, then you're going to have two very nice AS.30s going spare, and they would go a treat on this Lightning FGA conversion.

- Indiana Jones