Modern skyraider 1/48 Finished

Started by ALF, November 05, 2014, 11:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALF

Quote from: Flyer on November 10, 2014, 02:36:26 AM
Quote from: zenrat on November 10, 2014, 02:19:45 AM
Your engraving tool looks handy.

If your referring to the black rectangular thing with a blade, it is a Master Airscrew Balsa Stripper. I have one, most R/C hobby stores sell em :thumbsup:

exactly. I've simply glued a sheet of plastic from a CD box to have a larger base.

I use it to engrave circular forms like a spinner

Captain Canada

Nice update ! You are doing some excellent work there. The last pic looks like a Super Devastator !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

buzzbomb

Really nice work.
The additions are almost seamless

zenrat

Quote from: ALF on November 10, 2014, 04:11:35 AM

If your referring to the black rectangular thing with a blade, it is a Master Airscrew Balsa Stripper. I have one, most R/C hobby stores sell em :thumbsup:

exactly. I've simply glued a sheet of plastic from a CD box to have a larger base.

That's the thing.  I usually cobble together something from a pair of compasses, scriber and elastic bands to engrave parallel to edges.  I think I need to design something similar to this tool that I can knock up from odds and ends.  I certainly have a huge collection of blunt #11 blades that are still acceptable for engraving use.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Great work, the shape reminds me of the Breguet Alize. Not to take this away from your excellent build.

ALF

Quote from: zenrat on November 10, 2014, 08:05:48 PM
Quote from: ALF on November 10, 2014, 04:11:35 AM

That's the thing.  I usually cobble together something from a pair of compasses, scriber and elastic bands to engrave parallel to edges.  I think I need to design something similar to this tool that I can knock up from odds and ends.  I certainly have a huge collection of blunt #11 blades that are still acceptable for engraving use.

Another simple technique is to use a fine photoetched saw blade clamped into it a block of post it notes.

DogfighterZen

Great work! It's gonna be a killer!   :wacko:
:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

ALF

hello,

a little progress

I worked on the canopy

and i engraved the fuselage

l

The Chaos

WOW I love this work.  :bow:
You talent is very Good  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Chaos on November 15, 2014, 08:04:37 AM
WOW I love this work.  :bow:
You talent is very Good  :thumbsup:

Absolutely agree
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ALF

Small airbrushing session today, because I was tired of puttying and sanding

First freehand, to plays with my favorite toys

on a black vallejo primer base, I painted different shade of gray to have darker areas on different zones, after that i "resprayed" some parts with black

the cap is black but I also "zénithalised" it
[

I only used the masking tape for the computer boxes

i have to let it to dry before i start retouching with fine brush

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

There are times when I think I'll take up knitting, but I'd be useless at it  ;D Wonderfull work  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ALF

hello,

a little update, with the small brush work

I have to admit that I am not very happy with the result of the buttons on the dashboard.
But I can live with

NARSES2

How small is the brush ? Great work