F-5E Tiger II, Area88

Started by Spey_Phantom, November 08, 2014, 05:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

this is an old Revell 1/144 F-5E Tiger II i built over 10 years ago, as it was one of my first 1/144 models it didnt came out so well.
but the old model was still in a decent and repairable condition, so i fixed it up a little and repainted in the colors of Shin Kazama's F-5E from the Anime "Area 88"
decals were sourced from the spares box, the unicorn decal was DIY.

i have a spare unbuilt revell F-14A Tomcat in the stash, and im thinking of building it as Mickey Simon's F-14, also Area 88.
i still have some playboy bunny decals for the tail from another revell kit (black tomcat)

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

kitbasher

You've just inspired an F-5E whif, Nils. Nothing to do with your build, just a combination of a couple of things in your post.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Steel Penguin

nice one Nils,  any chance of a better look at the tail?
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Steel Penguin on November 08, 2014, 11:28:29 AM
nice one Nils,  any chance of a better look at the tail?

sure, here you go  :mellow:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.