Q & A about Aircraft, Armor, Weapons , Transport and Ships

Started by McColm, November 08, 2014, 08:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: pyro-manic on December 25, 2014, 01:34:19 PM
Quote from: McColm on December 24, 2014, 01:34:06 PM
Question 10)
The Sky Dreadnought as seen on TV over parts of Russia. Built by the Americans as the world's deadliest weapon delivery system.  As long as three aircraft carriers and can travel up to 10,000mph. Anti-gravity propulsion.

What utter garbage. Who believes that kind of stuff?

McColm comes to mind ---  ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

McColm

pyro-manic

Ten thousand miles per hour. Just a ridiculous number. The current air speed record for a manned aircraft (SR-71 Blackbird) is 2,193 mph. The only things faster are tiny, unmanned and very experimental (see X-41, X-51, HTV-2 etc) or spacecraft (ie out of the atmosphere). The biggest aircraft ever flown was the Hindenburg, which was 245m long, and could do about 80mph. Something three times the size, doing five times the existing record? Not remotely credible. A bit of rubbish footage and hours of conspiracy-loony spouting on Youtube is not very persuasive....
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

rickshaw

Quote from: pyro-manic on December 25, 2014, 02:39:15 PM
Ten thousand miles per hour. Just a ridiculous number. The current air speed record for a manned aircraft (SR-71 Blackbird) is 2,193 mph. The only things faster are tiny, unmanned and very experimental (see X-41, X-51, HTV-2 etc) or spacecraft (ie out of the atmosphere). The biggest aircraft ever flown was the Hindenburg, which was 245m long, and could do about 80mph. Something three times the size, doing five times the existing record? Not remotely credible. A bit of rubbish footage and hours of conspiracy-loony spouting on Youtube is not very persuasive....

Ah, but seeing is believin'!  The speed records are only those that the "man" admits to!  What do we know about Alien technology and it's input into our own development?  I give you as evidence, Stargate SG-1.  Everybody thinks it's a science-fiction TV programme for entertainment.  I suggest to you that in fact, it is a dramatisation of real events which have occurred in secret, deep in "the black".   

Of course, personally, if given a choice between a juicy conspiracy and a monumental cock-up, I'll go for the cock-up, nine times out of ten...   ;D ;D ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

Quote from: pyro-manic on December 25, 2014, 02:39:15 PM

Actually the speed record for a manned, powered aircraft is 4,520 mph for the X-15. The SR-71 record is for an aircraft that takes off under it's own power.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

pyro-manic

But that's what the Loominarty want you to think! They've been conspiring with the Vogons for centuries, to demolish the Earth so they can build a new hypersace bypass. The whole Stargate thing is an elaborate deception......

Quote from: Weaver on December 25, 2014, 05:30:47 PM
Actually the speed record for a manned, powered aircraft is 4,520 mph for the X-15. The SR-71 record is for an aircraft that takes off under it's own power.

I stand corrected. Though the X-15 is even smaller than the Blackbird, and as you say can't take off on its own...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

zenrat

12)  I've thought about this.  December 8th 1988.  Portsmouth.  UK.  I'd find my 21 year old self, hand him a packet of condoms and tell him using them would save him a lot of trouble.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

wuzak

Quote from: McColm on November 08, 2014, 11:04:59 AM
Thanks,
Question 2)
Has there ever been a gas turbine engine fitted to an aircraft?

This one has been well covered,

Perhaps a better question would be "has there ever been a steam turbine fitted to an aircraft".

The answer to which is almost certainly no.

However, Junkers had a project for a 3000hp steam turbine which was cancelled around 1940/41, while two steam projects were started later in WW2 for powering the Me 264. One was to be rated at 4000hp and the other at 6000hp.

The plan was to use a mixture of liquid fuel and pulverised coal to fire the boilers, at least until the liquid fuel situation improved.

Components for the 6000hp version were under construction at the end of the war, so the unit hadn't been tested.

There were 4 boilers per turbine, IIRC.

Another question would be "has any aircraft been powered by a steam engine".

The answer to this is yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw6NFmcnW-8

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on December 25, 2014, 02:18:37 AM
12.  1066 to witness the Battle of Hastings and solve, once and for all what happened to Harold.   Was it an Arrow in the eye or did he survive the battle and was hunted down?

Probably cut down in the final scrimmage and then trampled before being dismembered....probably.

My 12. ? Far to many that I'd want to observe to see if the perceived version of history is correct and I'd also be scared stiff of the consequences of any action of mine that changed the course of history  :blink: Mind you the Trouser Legs of time theory could be correct ?  :rolleyes:

My personal 12 would be to get a certain lady to go and see "Blazing Saddles", would have been interesting to see how things would have turned out and that's all I'm saying  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: McColm on December 25, 2014, 01:57:57 PM
Check it out on YouTube and make up your own mind?

Erm! think about it dude!, don't you think (just for a minute) if the US had anything remotely capable of that, do you reckon they'd spend billions of dollars on a massive launch system that they have just tested to shoot a tiny capsule to Mars --- and  also if they did, do you really think they'd take it and put it on show in the Ukraine --- 

McColm

Just saw an article on YouTube and thought "that's a wind-up", has to be or is it?
There's a lot of unexplained stuff out there, with your expertise and experience. The lay person like me, needs to know, the how or why that works.

KJ_Lesnick

Quote from: McColm on November 08, 2014, 08:09:39 AMThe Armstrong Whitworth Apollo was fitted with Mamba engines, in an early photo four-bladed propellors are on the inner engines and three-blades on the outer. Would this improve performance, if fitted on another four engined aircraft?
Do you mean the engine, the prop arrangement or both?
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

kitnut617

Quote from: McColm on December 26, 2014, 11:00:35 AM
Just saw an article on YouTube and thought "that's a wind-up", has to be or is it?
There's a lot of unexplained stuff out there, with your expertise and experience. The lay person like me, needs to know, the how or why that works.

Something else that just came to mind, the dash-cam video photo-shop was done in the Ukraine/Russia, it wouldn't surprise me that someone in the Putin regime is just trying to wind up their own people there ----

McColm

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on December 26, 2014, 11:34:10 AM
Quote from: McColm on November 08, 2014, 08:09:39 AMThe Armstrong Whitworth Apollo was fitted with Mamba engines, in an early photo four-bladed propellors are on the inner engines and three-blades on the outer. Would this improve performance, if fitted on another four engined aircraft?
Do you mean the engine, the prop arrangement or both?
Both

KJ_Lesnick

Quote from: McColmBoth
1. What aircraft would you want to be fitting the engine to?

2. Regarding the prop, are we talking a plane with a three bladed prop, a four-bladed prop or what?
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.