If Bernard Black Quotes Were Motivational Posters

Started by rickshaw, November 11, 2014, 01:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

Bernard Black is a notable misanthropic character from the TV comedy series "Black Books", which I cannot recommend enough.

If Bernard Black Quotes Were Motivational Posters   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Poor old Manny.  But I suppose he brought it on himself...

Muffin?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Thanks for that - excellent!  :wacko:

Have you seen the outtakes? This is an edited highlights version but you can find the full reels on youtube as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgUNq9u7oPY

(not work safe due to language)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: rickshaw on November 11, 2014, 01:18:06 AM
Bernard Black is a notable misanthropic character from the TV comedy series "Black Books", which I cannot recommend enough.

If Bernard Black Quotes Were Motivational Posters   :thumbsup:

There's the American version of Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation- If Ron Swanson quotes were motivational posters
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

martinbayer

Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

Weaver

Quote from: eatthis on November 11, 2014, 03:02:54 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/tomphillips/hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy-quotes-as-motivational-poste

end thread

Good one. Some more:

"Every time you try to operate one of these wierd black controls that are labelled in black on a black background, a little black light lights up black to let you know you've done it."

"How many escape capsules are there?"
"None,"
"Did you count them?"
"Twice,"

I teleported home one night
With Ron and Sid and Meg.
Ron stole Meggie's heart away
and I got Sidney's leg.

There is an art, or rather a knack to flying.
The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

- Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on November 11, 2014, 03:35:28 PM

I tried that once off the back of a 5 ton.  I wound up with a broken nose, a concussion, and a few other bumps, bruises and nerve damage
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

Weaver

Quote from: scooter on November 11, 2014, 05:21:14 PM

I tried that once off the back of a 5 ton.  I wound up with a broken nose, a concussion, and a few other bumps, bruises and nerve damage

Ouch!

Well it does go on to say:

Most people fail to miss the ground on their first attempt, and the likelihood is that if they're really trying, they'll fail to miss it fairly hard.

- Indiana Jones

rickshaw

Quote from: scooter on November 11, 2014, 05:21:14 PM

My brother did the same thing, one dark and rainy night in the Army.  He failed to fly and broke his wrist and sued the Army for $Au50,000 Compo and got it, too, the fuzzy bunny.   What was even worse was he was permanently excused rifle drill, 'cause of the damage to his wrist.  Only better outcome could have been if he'd been excused shaving... :blink:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.