Ta-152H "Jap46" or "IJNAF46"

Started by su27rules, November 11, 2014, 11:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

su27rules

1:72 Revell Ta-152H  as "Jap46" or "IJNAF" WIF ,hand-brushed with MM colours. :wacko:

lancer

Oh WOW!!! That is so damm good. It looks so right wearing Hinomaru's
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

A stunning example for why I've stayed in whiff-world. A superb aircraft when seen in these colours and markings, just beautiful. In the real world with it's 'messy' mottles and chaotic endgame camo schemes she's never really caught my eye....this did :wub:. Well done :thumbsup:.

dumaniac

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Glenn Gilbertson

sandiego89

Looks great, but may I suggest a renaming between the quotes, perhaps "Japan46", or "Pacific46"?  I'm far from politically correct and I understand you may be going along the lines of "Luft46", but I feel it better not to use a such a term on the forum.  Perhaps I am in the minority here, we have users all over the world, and it is a derogatory term.   Thank you.    
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Jesse220

MikeD

Quote from: sandiego89 on November 14, 2014, 04:06:38 PM
Looks great, but may I suggest a renaming between the quotes, perhaps "Japan46", or "Pacific46"?  I'm far from politically correct and I understand you may be going along the lines of "Luft46", but I feel it better not to use a such a term on the forum.  Perhaps I am in the minority here, we have users all over the world, and it is a derogatory term.   Thank you.    

I doubt they mind it all that much themselves, considering the short title of their unit in Iraq was 'JapBat'

Weaver

That looks great - I particularly like the colour (Duck egg blue? Sky?) and the graphic-style base.

Librarian : if you don't like the late-war Luftwaffe schemes, why not do one from a whiff scenario where they continued to be built and used after the war, in a similar fashion the Spanish and Czech Me-109s? That way they could have the sort of smart colour scheme that really brings out their lines.

Quote from: MikeD on November 15, 2014, 05:56:57 AM
Looks great, but may I suggest a renaming between the quotes, perhaps "Japan46", or "Pacific46"?  I'm far from politically correct and I understand you may be going along the lines of "Luft46", but I feel it better not to use a such a term on the forum.  Perhaps I am in the minority here, we have users all over the world, and it is a derogatory term.   Thank you.    

I doubt they mind it all that much themselves, considering the short title of their unit in Iraq was 'JapBat'

Seconded. As I understand it, the term is quite common in Japan itself. Almost nobody in the UK regards it as offensive, simply treating it as an uncontroversial abbreviation for "Japanese". The idea that it's offensive seems to be mainly an American thing.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

su27rules

Normaly I am going along the lines of "Luft46" .

Is "IJNAF46" politically correct for all users?

comrade harps

QuoteIt looks so right wearing Hinomaru's

They took my eye, too.

Great for intercepting high flying B-29s!  :thumbsup:
Whatever.