Ta-152H "Jap46" or "IJNAF46"

Started by su27rules, November 11, 2014, 11:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

Thanks guys, yes it is derogatory in North America, and thus the reason I pointed it out. With a worldwide forum on here, I figured not all would consider it so, but some might. Better to be safe.

Again great model.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Nick

I'd be happy with Japan46. Sums up what it is to those who know of Luft46 and covers all aspects of an ongoing Pacific War, not just the air element.

I do have a couple of contender kits for this category in my stash!

Dizzyfugu

Uh, lovely piece of work - if it's the Revell kit, it's persumably the horrid Frog Ta-152? Then the result is even more impressive (and th ereason why it's got the landinmg gear up?). Fw 190s with Hinomaru look great, though, and in this case the light livery underlines the sleek lines of this aircraft well. Also like the weathering, very subtle.  :thumbsup:

su27rules

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 16, 2014, 07:35:02 AM
Uh, lovely piece of work - if it's the Revell kit, it's persumably the horrid Frog Ta-152? Then the result is even more impressive (and th ereason why it's got the landinmg gear up?). ........

Thank you!!

Yes this is the Revell kit (= the Frog origin ) from this box:

Paul

Nice model!  :thumbsup:

If the other is Luft46, maybe this class should be Kaze46.  ;D

PACOPEPE

Quote from: su27rules on November 15, 2014, 12:45:52 PM
Quote from: sandiego89 on November 14, 2014, 04:06:38 PM
Looks great, but may I suggest a renaming between the quotes, perhaps "Japan46", or "Pacific46"?  I'm far from politically correct and I understand you may be going along the lines of "Luft46", but I feel it better not to use a such a term on the forum.  Perhaps I am in the minority here, we have users all over the world, and it is a derogatory term.   Thank you.     

Normaly I am going along the lines of "Luft46" .

Is "IJNAF46" politically correct for all users?

I like it!. The perfect reply against the B-29

I think it would named HIKOKI 1946.

Regards
Fran

Dork the kit slayer

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

martinbayer

Quote from: PACOPEPE on November 26, 2014, 09:07:03 AM
Quote from: su27rules on November 15, 2014, 12:45:52 PM
Quote from: sandiego89 on November 14, 2014, 04:06:38 PM
Looks great, but may I suggest a renaming between the quotes, perhaps "Japan46", or "Pacific46"?  I'm far from politically correct and I understand you may be going along the lines of "Luft46", but I feel it better not to use a such a term on the forum.  Perhaps I am in the minority here, we have users all over the world, and it is a derogatory term.   Thank you.     

Normaly I am going along the lines of "Luft46" .

Is "IJNAF46" politically correct for all users?

I like it!. The perfect reply against the B-29

I think it would named HIKOKI 1946.

Regards
Fran

There's a dedicated website: http://www.j-aircraft.org/xplanes/

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on November 15, 2014, 06:09:01 AM
...As I understand it, the term is quite common in Japan itself. Almost nobody in the UK regards it as offensive, simply treating it as an uncontroversial abbreviation for "Japanese". The idea that it's offensive seems to be mainly an American thing.

That's not what i've been told H.  People who have worked for both Nissan and Honda in the UK (and thus had Japanese bosses) have told me that it's considered offensive.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on November 28, 2014, 12:46:54 AM
...As I understand it, the term is quite common in Japan itself. Almost nobody in the UK regards it as offensive, simply treating it as an uncontroversial abbreviation for "Japanese". The idea that it's offensive seems to be mainly an American thing.

That's not what i've been told H.  People who have worked for both Nissan and Honda in the UK (and thus had Japanese bosses) have told me that it's considered offensive.

We in the UK are not allowed to consider being called 'Poms' as offensive, why should the rules be different for the rest of the World?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 28, 2014, 02:51:53 AM

We in the UK are not allowed to consider being called 'Poms' as offensive, why should the rules be different for the rest of the World?

Or Limey......

What a fantastic finish to a not so good kit..........real B29 killer.........and probably Corsair n Hellcat n Mustang killer too...
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

In the late 70's it was considered offensive. British Steel's Hartlepool pipe mill was installing some new gear, actually second hand stuff from two Japanese mills and staff were told not to use the word. There is another story about trying to keep the guys from Nippon and Sumitomo unaware of each others presence on site  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 28, 2014, 06:41:27 AM
In the late 70's it was considered offensive. British Steel's Hartlepool pipe mill was installing some new gear, actually second hand stuff from two Japanese mills and staff were told not to use the word. There is another story about trying to keep the guys from Nippon and Sumitomo unaware of each others presence on site  :rolleyes:

In the 80s-90s I installed a monster multi-channel test rig at Hawtall-Whiting in Essex, and they did work for the whole motor industry world-wide. The first users of the rig were Mitsubishi, and Toyota were following them. As I was training them both how to use the rig I was down there for about a month and during the entire time neither bunch were allowed to know that the other lot were there! They parked in different car parks, had officies on different floors and went to lunch in different canteens. They each had a 'minder' with them who checked by radio where the others were before they were allowed to move anywhere, it was totally bizarre.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Yup we used the same system at Hartlepool Kit. Still managed to screw it up though and one lot met the other as they were entering/exiting the canteen. I'm told it was an interesting meeting and indeed caused some severe problems and delays with the installation of the kit. Needless to say the minders got it in the neck  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

QuoteThere's a dedicated website: http://www.j-aircraft.org/xplanes/

That is a nice site Martin. It's a long time since I've seen an actual HTML3.2 Frameset web site - Nice
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die