TSR-2 COV (Carrier Operations Version)

Started by davecov, November 12, 2014, 05:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davecov

This is a "what-if" version of the TSR-2 called the TSR-2 (COV), COV standing for Carrier Operations Version. Basically, the tailplanes and wings were swapped and an arrestor hook added. In addition, I have used the Freightdog Models External Fuel Tank Set. The rest is OOB and brush-painted. The colour scheme is based on the "Flying Omega" Phantoms which operated from HMS Ark Royal in the Seventies.

Dave

NARSES2

Viggen met TSR-2 on a steamy night in Corfu and this is the result 9 months latter ?  ;D

Great stuff  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Excellent thinking AND modelling, it really looks the part.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

pyro-manic

Cooooooooool. ;D Those anti-flash roundels look a bit weird on the EDSG scheme, but I really like it. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Captain Canada

Weird but super cool ! The more I look at it the more I like it ! I noticed the roundels as well, would defo look better with the proper ones on there.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Cobra

This is Super Cool :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: if You do a Display with it, Use the Top Gun anthem on an MP3 or Portable Player, That Would Really hit home with Naval Pilots when You Display it! Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

davecov

Thanks everybody!

I displayed this "what-if" on the AMSIG table at SMW 2011. Some people were super-impressed whilst others wondered where they could buy one, thinking it was a "big Viggen". One idiot said "What-if? I can't see the point of that."!

Dave

PR19_Kit

Quote from: davecov on November 13, 2014, 02:46:44 AM
One idiot said "What-if? I can't see the point of that."!

The very essence of a JMN...............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

comrade harps

It's kind of like TSR-2 meets Viggen by way of Gerry Anderson.  :thumbsup:
Whatever.

sandiego89

Nice, EDSG FAA colors are tough to beat.  :thumbsup:

Tell me about the canoe fairing on the belly- conformal fuel? Weapons pod? both? 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

davecov

Thanks all :thumbsup:
Quote from: sandiego89 on November 13, 2014, 06:37:53 AM
Tell me about the canoe fairing on the belly- conformal fuel? Weapons pod? both? 
It is a semi-conformal ventral fuel tank, alone.

Dave

NARSES2

Quote from: davecov on November 13, 2014, 02:46:44 AM
One idiot said "What-if? I can't see the point of that."!

Dave

They get everywhere. My attitude is that they are the ones missing out
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nighthunter

One of the biggest sub-forums on the drawing site I am a member of is the "AU" or Alternate Universe section. And these guys do wonderful things with it. I know I have fun with it, lol
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*