Autogyro whif

Started by maxmwill, November 12, 2014, 09:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxmwill

Recently, I was able to buy a model of a subject I never knew was given serious consideration for.

The model is a 1/24 scale model of the Wallis autogyro that was used in one of the Bond movies. Thunderball, I think it was.

And, as I was beginning to do my research, I also started recalling what a classmate of mine did, when I was attending Spartan in the mid 80s.

What he did was take a 1/48 scale model of a Cessna 172, and overload it will all kinds off ordinance, give it a desert camo paint scheme, and have standing around it heavily bearded characters of Arabian descent, and label the diorama, "The terrorists have a new weapon, The Cessna Hawk".

And with this, I began a tangent of some sort, that is, what if one of the various terror groups' members decided to arm an autogyro, even a Bensen(because there are plans which can be easily acquired, and built in the privacy of under the cover of something not very big and easy to hide), but in this case, the Wallis WA-116.

And, there is precedent for arming something as flimsy and unable to carry much, because the French Army  had an armed Vespa, which carried a 75mm recoiless rifle.

And this got me to thinking even further. Besides the ubiquitous RPGs and Ak47s that seems to one of the job requirements over there, what if a pair of stub wings were attached to the sides of the 116's fuselage, and those carrying something as well.

It might be a silly idea, but then, a 1/48 scale Cessna Skyhawk armed to the teeth is a silliness precedent(Doug even made sure that it was so overloaded that the wings were sagging a bit, and the tires were noticeably flatter).

Mossie

How about the terrorist organisation being S.P.E.C.T.R.E?  Stole the plans from Q Branch and turned her to nefarious purposes.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

JayBee

Quote from: maxmwill on November 12, 2014, 09:03:10 AM

The model is a 1/24 scale model of the Wallis autogyro that was used in one of the Bond movies. Thunderball, I think it was.

The old Airfix kit most likely, and the film was "You only live twice" when Bond San went undercover in Japan.

Hai!
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

maxmwill

That would work.

What would the colors be that S.P.E.C.T.R.E. would choose?

Yes, it is an Airfix kit.

NARSES2

SPECTRE would be black with added black trimmings I think  :rolleyes:

Seriously if I remember their helicopters in the film, they were just plain black.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I think you're right Chris, the bad guys colour of choice. :thumbsup:

SPECTRE have a logo, Blofeld had a ring with it on, although they always seemed to use corporations, militaries or even governments to do their dirty work and I don't remember seeing it emblazoned on any vehicles.  Still, why not for whiff purposes?

The Wiki page has the logo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPECTRE
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

SPECTRE in the Bond movies, STENCH in Carry on Spying  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.