World's Smallest V-12

Started by scooter, November 16, 2014, 09:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Most impressive!  :thumbsup: :bow:

Unusual position for the camshafts though, way down each side of the camshaft, and the individual cylinder heads were different, but superbly done.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Leading Observer

Impressive engineering - you can't help but admire his skill :thumbsup:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Captain Canada

Wow ! That is wild ! Wonder how many ponies she puts out ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

scooter

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 16, 2014, 01:09:39 PM
Wow ! That is wild ! Wonder how many ponies she puts out ?

She's only 12cc displacement, so not much
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

eatthis

seen a few rc v12 motors and theyr all brilliant! in fact when i get round to finishing my rc spitfire the only motor i want in it is a v12  ;D of course it would need to be 4 stroke so i could supercharge it  :thumbsup:
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

Hobbes

This one runs on compressed air.

If you're after a V12 for an RC project, Artus builds a nice one (but it'll have to be a large model): http://www.artus-motor.com/artus-v12-motor/

zenrat

Quote from: eatthis on November 16, 2014, 01:46:12 PM
seen a few rc v12 motors and theyr all brilliant! in fact when i get round to finishing my rc spitfire the only motor i want in it is a v12  ;D of course it would need to be 4 stroke so i could supercharge it  :thumbsup:

You can supercharge a 2 stroke.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Hobbes

IIRC it's really inefficient though; part of the air-fuel mixture gets blown right out the exhaust. Diesel two-stroke engines avoid this because the diesel isn't injected in the inlet trajectory but in the cylinder.

kitnut617

Quote from: zenrat on November 18, 2014, 03:25:17 AM
Quote from: eatthis on November 16, 2014, 01:46:12 PM

You can supercharge a 2 stroke.

The RR Crecy was a supercharged 2-Stroke ---  a V-12, sleeve valve 2-Stroke too about the same size as a Merlin.  Mind you, it didn't work quite the same way as the modern motorcycle 2-Stroke engines we have today --
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

With a sleeve valve you can get around the problem that Hobbes mentioned, unlike a port timed 2-stroke.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Even on the Crecy there was un-burnt fuel mix going out the exhaust pipes, RR' solution to that was to add some fresh fuel into the exhaust fumes and re-light it ------  hence the real reason for the ""exhaust turbine"" RR designed for the Crecy.

Suzuki on the other hand had a disc valve on their high powered 2-Strokes which worked similar to the sleeve valve but it was only on the 'intake' side of things, it still had blow-by
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike