A different Hunter T12

Started by PR19_Kit, November 19, 2014, 09:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Gorgeous. Love that RW build as well. And as I said previously,  love the underside shots !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Excellent job - looks really good now it's done, and that sharkmouth sets it off perfectly. :thumbsup: :bow:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Actually the T7 is a Whiff too, although I didn't intend it to be at the time. I couldn't get the serial no. decals correct and the ones I had to hand made up a number one more than the last T7 ever built for the RAF.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Now, thats turned out very nice indeed, Kit.  You've brought together a very disparate set of bits and pieces and welded them into a nice looking whole!   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

It's down to you too Brian. If you hadn't have done the work to mate the tandem two-seater nose to the Revell fuselage the T12 wouldn't exist. I'd spent ages trying to do that already and had totally failed.

I'd hoped to take some pics of the T12 sitting on the frost this morning as it might have looked like a snowfall in 1/72 scale but it'd melted too fast by the time I dragged myself out from under the warm duvet!

Instead here's a couple of pics of '228 at Conninsgby in 1968, the first taken on the building site of the new ODS ramp while they were breaking ground. '228 was used to ensure they'd got the positioning marks correct for the two types on the OCU, and the second pic was taken on a very wet ramp a few months later............  ;D :lol:

It's a lot easier to get the whole airframe in focus in daylight as the lens aperture is smaller with the improved light levels and the depth of field is greater. I just wish I had some better backgrounds for such shots.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Modelling_Mushi

Quite lovely Mr Kit.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 30, 2014, 02:39:01 AM
... I just wish I had some better backgrounds for such shots ...

May I suggest two sheets of light blue poster card from your friendly newsagent, sticky taped together with a stick at the back to give some curvature. Cheap, quick, easy and more than adequate. I used this for about 15 years before I went and got a photo box.
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

TallEng

Thats come out really well :thumbsup:
The canopy reminds me of a Meteor NF.14. which i suppose might be
a way of doing a two seater Hunter....? you'd just need to extend the
fuselage a bit.

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

JayBee

Superb Kit!  :thumbsup: :bow:

I love the Shatkmouth, and it's back story.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kitnut617

Terrific job Kit  :thumbsup:  I really like that.  Makes me want to start the tandem conversion I've got --- but I'd better not get distracted, got some projects already on the go that I really want to get finished first  ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Hobbes

PR19_Kit

Thank you gentlemen.  ;D

It's very satisfying when you've had an idea in your head for a while, and then all the bits become available at around the same time, and you build it and it ends up looking EXACTLY as you imagined it originally.  ;D

That second outdoors pic, the one on the wet ramp, looks JUST as I imagined it many months ago.

It's even better when you guys like it too.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Great set of second shots. Like this one more and more each time I see it ! In fact, I think I might head down to my LHS right now and see if that little Revell beauty is still on the shelf.....might have my own two-seated plan  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

It's been OOP for a while now Cap'n, not sure why as it's a SUPER kit. But you've got two chances as it came as an F6 or an FGA9, the only differences being the tailcone and the stores.

Regards
Kit