Ryomou Shimei

Started by Paul, December 09, 2014, 04:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Hello!

This was my first Garage Kit, finished a long time ago...

:cheers:

Old Wombat

Oh, my! :o

You certainly have a ... um ... skill! :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

Poor girl must be freezing! :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

No. No, I don't think so. You can tell. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Nice work ! Very beautiful ;-)
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Er.............wow.  :o

You keep her in the garage???
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

Nice!  :thumbsup: Love how the skin colour shines through in places. How did you achieve that?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

JayBee

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 10, 2014, 08:40:23 AM
Nice!  :thumbsup: Love how the skin colour shines through in places. How did you achieve that?

Ditto.

Fabulous paint work.  :wub: :bow: :cheers:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Paul

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 09, 2014, 05:52:55 PM

I really don't know why they call this resin kits by "Garage Kits". This one is an E2046 model kit.

Can you see little stains in the painting? Some little brown dots? This is the only kit I have that happened this. I think is because the air's humidity where I live is too high. I am thinking about how I can clean this. Maybe a veeeery soft brush with bath soap?

Paul

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 10, 2014, 08:40:23 AM

I painted all the dress area with skin colour.

The second step was the blue. I took acrylic paint and dilute it with floor wax and painted with airbrush. Where the lay of paint is very thin, is translucent.

scooter

Quote from: Paul on December 10, 2014, 09:51:51 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 09, 2014, 05:52:55 PM

I really don't know why they call this resin kits by "Garage Kits". This one is an E2046 model kit.

Can you see little stains in the painting? Some little brown dots? This is the only kit I have that happened this. I think is because the air's humidity where I live is too high. I am thinking about how I can clean this. Maybe a veeeery soft brush with bath soap?

I say don't.  Adds texture and realism to the the paint job.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Gondor

Fantastic paint job, very nice indeed  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Nothing that you wouldn't see on a real dress of similar fragility. I'd leave it as it is too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

There are quite a few small manufacturers of resin kits that are really just one guy casting stuff in his house or garage.