Possible Fw190 whif

Started by maxmwill, December 09, 2014, 11:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxmwill

On Facebook, I saw an illustration of a Fw190D with a twist. A 190Z, with the second fuselage having the cockpit faired over, and in the middle of the common wing center section is a low slung turbine(so the jet blast won't cook the stab), something that looked like it was taken off either a He162 or an Ar2324B or A.

I'm gonna try to post the pic here:
No such luck. But, perhaps this might work:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=368036526702776&set=gm.10152919790594784&type=1&theater

maxmwill

I don't know.

If he did, it was before I joined the forum.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Flyer on December 10, 2014, 01:20:37 AM
Didn't Dizzyfugu do something similar?

Give him time, a week should do it..........  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

kerick

Dizzyfugu: That photo from facebook sure looks like your build! Great work, BTW!

maxmwill: Take the idea and give it your own twist! Do the two cockpit night fighter version perhaps.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

maxmwill

I'd already given some thought to that as soon as I saw it, but before I started this thread.

However, at this time(meaning I don't have the kits to bash, nor even a nacelle, unless I decide to do it 1/48, because I have unbuilt He 162 on the shelf) and.............o no, now you've done it, I'm starting to turn my attention to that, and the drawing board is always so easy to clear for some drafting.

And I  do prefer 1/48 over 1/72 so much more, and 1/48 190s are readily available, and some quite affordable.

Now for some cogitation and digestion.

But, I have one unconnected question, as I've started thinking on this: Say the Horten IX was built a few years before it was, and the bugs were worked out. And among the projects the Brothers Horten had simmering on the front, sides and back burner, was a seaplane version of the flying wing fighter. Stay with me on this.

A while ago, I bought on Ebay a vacform 1/72 scale model of a Horten IX. As I was waiting for it, I went to Sharkit's site and saw their Horten Kampfjaeger, which was a scaled down Horten IX with a single under slung engine, which I thought looked pretty nifty, especially if an enterprising RC scale modeller were to attempt a ducted fan model of this, and it so happens that I have a set of plans for an RC Horten IX. The cockpit is in profile, but the rest of it looks acceptable, as long as you ignore the cheater intakes and lack of landing gear(you heave it into the air, and hope it lands in tall grass).

Anyway, I had thought to try to scratch the kampfjaeger, and had printed out the three view Sharkit had(it really is a pretty little lady, even with a single big bulge), but then, after I started the thread on alternate seaplanes and flying boats(I have a cd of patent drawing of craft from when seaplanes were first thought of, until the 80s, and some of the designs went on to bigger and better things(they were produced), others simply stayed on paper, nothing more than a glint in the eyes of the intrepid inventors.

Anyway, I started to think about a seaplane version, and even went so far as to raid a 1/48 Mitsubishi Pete kit for the central float. Haven't done anything to the float, yet, but I'm thinkin' away. The Pete float looks like it might make for a reasonable planing hull, and I think I might be able to raise the intakes a bit, but right now, I'm at the cogitation and consideration stage, and things could change shortly.

Still, a flying wing sea plane..............................