Pew Pew Pew!

Started by scooter, December 11, 2014, 09:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on December 12, 2014, 07:51:35 PM
Really?  USS Ponce?

Named, like most Landing Ships, Dock, after a city- in this case Ponce (Pon-say), PR.

To paraphrase Tom Clancy (from Red Storm Rising, at least we don't name ships after our Mothers in law

:wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on December 13, 2014, 02:24:08 AM
Really?  USS Ponce?

Named, like most Landing Ships, Dock, after a city- in this case Ponce (Pon-say), PR.

To paraphrase Tom Clancy (from Red Storm Rising, at least we don't name ships after our Mothers in law

We don't? How about 'Belinda' from 'Away All Boats'?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

HMAS Patricia has a ring to it...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Hobbes

Really?  USS Ponce?

Ah yes, HMS Battleaxe  ;D

Martin H

I always felt sorry for those posted to the Flower class corvette HMS Pansy. They would need to be as hard as nails to prevent any ribbing in the bar.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Nick

Never mind HMS Pansy, what about the RN's Gay-class patrol boats?  :rolleyes:

Gay Bruiser, Gay Charger, Gay Cavalier... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay-class_fast_patrol_boat   ;D

Gay Archer featured in the IPMS magazine a couple of years ago, had been crewed by a Conservative minister IIRC.

JayBee

Quote from: Thorvic on December 12, 2014, 01:07:22 PM
Off Topic

Ok how many thought "Barny. McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub" when they started to read the title of this thread ?  ;D

Not me.
Being a good, clean living , Scottish Presbyterian I thought of a Church meeting!  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Weaver

Really?  USS Ponce?

Named, like most Landing Ships, Dock, after a city- in this case Ponce (Pon-say), PR. :wacko:

Can anyone else hear Hyacinth Bucket from Keeping Up Appearances saying "it's pronounced 'boo-kay!' at this point?  :wacko:

Quote from: Nick on December 14, 2014, 06:23:43 AM
Never mind HMS Pansy, what about the RN's Gay-class patrol boats?  :rolleyes:

Gay Bruiser, Gay Charger, Gay Cavalier... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay-class_fast_patrol_boat   ;D

Funny in retrospect, but of course, they pre-dated the change in the popular usage of the word 'gay'.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on December 15, 2014, 04:21:03 PM
Really?  USS Ponce?

Named, like most Landing Ships, Dock, after a city- in this case Ponce (Pon-say), PR. :wacko:

Can anyone else hear Hyacinth Bucket from Keeping Up Appearances saying "it's pronounced 'boo-kay!' at this point?  :wacko:

Guilty as charged.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng