Airbus A380

Started by nev, October 04, 2004, 11:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Revells otherwise excellent airliners all come, for some inexplicable reason, with opened up passenger windows forcing modellers to fill them in  :angry:  :angry:  The A380 has a whopping 210 such windows, and 2 hours of filling last night got most of them done
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

Painted up the cockpit - didn't go to town, just enough to give it a veneer of respectability  Glued 3 of the undercarriage bays together too, though I'm still not convinced about their strength - especially of the nose gear

I've glued together 1 wing and provided my DC-6B as a size comparison.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

retro_seventies

she's a MONSTER!

looking great nev  :)  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

nev

Got the fuselage halves together last night.  As you can see, she's stood on her undercarriage - following the Revell instructions for this one.  I'm already getting a similar vibe for my big Revell tornado ie high quality, but not much strength in the construction due to thin plastic and lack of sizable locating points etc.

nev

Here she is with my DC-6B for a size comparison

Captain Canada

Nev...looking good !

But......

You'd better move that lovely little DC-6 before that 380 gets hungry !

:lol:

There were pics on one of the big sites of a completed bird, perhaps you could track down the builder and see what he did ?

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Cool Nev!

You need to put a few Martin low-drag turrets on that thing!

:D  :D  :D  

Scooterman

And that 747 laser nose! :ph34r:  

nev

Todd, you mean this one?

Mike Wren

Gary

Getting back into modeling

Scooterman

Holy Snikies! :wacko:

And I'm thinking my 1/48 B-1 is going to be bad!  poo-poo (with an english accent)!

Must get kit........must build big plastic beast to knock stuff off my desk.........

Mmmmm big plastic beast.......... :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Captain Canada

Does anybody make armour in 144th scale ? I think a wee Challenger or two, laoding via an integral elevator type ramp aft of the wing would look awesome !

:wub:

Or Leopards in my case......

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mike Wren

Toad

Dragon have just brought out 4 paired 1/144 sets of tanks

Leopard 1A4 & 1A5
Leopard 2A4 & 2A5
Leopard 2A6 & M113
Challenger 2 & Warrior

(I think)  ;)  

Captain Canada

Thanks Mikey...I checked out their website, and indeed, you are correct ! I'll ask my local shop guy about them, and the A380 kit as well !

Cheers
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?