Main Menu

Airbus A380

Started by nev, October 04, 2004, 11:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

It's kinda wierd looking at that pic...the 380 seems so big by itself, but looks rather 'average' beside the VC-10 ?!?

More Twighlight Zone muzic........
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Comparing my A380 with the C-5 and An-124 I've got, it's only marginally bigger than either of those.  A different comparison is with the Hughes Hercules (Spruce Goose)  This aircraft has a fuselage at least as deep as the A380 and the length of a 747.

:cheers: Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

RP1

Like that the A380 looks a lot like the Vickers V1000 design. - the wing plan is similar, but less sweep at the roots.

Richard
"Just your standard-issue big gun."
- Batou, Ghost in the Shell

RP1 dot net
My Facebook

Archibald

QuoteComparing my A380 with the C-5 and An-124 I've got, it's only marginally bigger than either of those.  A different comparison is with the Hughes Hercules (Spruce Goose)  This aircraft has a fuselage at least as deep as the A380 and the length of a 747.

:cheers: Robert
It is shorter! 73 m against 75m for the two others... only span is bigger (79.8m, just at the limits of the airports).
There's even a longer airbus, the A340-600 at 75m. An-225 and Spruce Goose still rules giant aircrafts (90m and 97m span!!)  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

nev

Holy thread revival Batman!!

Yes, the A380 is now on its 3rd life!  No pics to show as yet, but this one is well and truly next on the workbench - RAF100 if you haven't already heard ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

B777LR

Quote from: Archibald on July 20, 2006, 12:09:27 PM
There's even a longer airbus, the A340-600 at 75m.

And it`s the most ubercool airplane ever! Too bad the "oh so common" 777-300ER came along and almost sold better than the 777-200! And the A340-600E would be cooler even!