German Crossover

Started by Bungle, December 15, 2014, 04:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

You know what it's like .... you look at the stash and nothing takes your fancy so it's time for a quick and dirty build shifting some of the older stuff. What's in the stash ... an original Airfix Arado Ar196 hmmm! What else, a Frog Junkers ju87G Stuka missing the gun pods hmmm!

Real world ? Nah what if the Arado had wheelie legs and Stuka went for a swim.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Twiglet munchers all I present the Arado Ar85 of the Spanish Nationalist Air Force...

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

sandiego89

Great idea!  Looks natural.  Like the cowling. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Bungle

Thank you ... most kind.

And getting it's feet wet a Finnish Ju87

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

kitbasher

Good stuff - very plausible.

Did you think about a different float assembly to enable the Ju87 to carry a torpedo?  Like an Aichi M6A
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

An excellent pair of 'swaps'.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Bungle

Quote from: kitbasher on December 15, 2014, 05:57:31 AM
Good stuff - very plausible.

Did you think about a different float assembly to enable the Ju87 to carry a torpedo?  Like an Aichi M6A

Actually my intentions were to have it carry a torpedo but I couldn't see it getting past the float spars. Even bombs on the wings looked a bit strange so I decided a couple of extra fuel tanks for a long term patrol aircraft. Mind you there's not a lot of open water around Finland is there.

NARSES2

I like both of those. I also have plans for a wheeled Ar196. Will get the undercarriage from a Karas
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Oh my ! The Arado looks neat. I thought it was one of those Caracas or whatever those Polish things were. Good idea tho !

Then I saw the Stuka ! Wow ! What's not to like about that one ? Nothing ! That's right....nothing ! A simple yet effective whif....awesome paint and pattern combo, and big boots to match. I think I'm going to build one myself.

:wub: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TallEng

They do look good :thumbsup:
I especially like the Arado, that definitely looks like the type
Of Aircraft you'd see knocking around a European Airfield in the thirties :cheers:

Come to think about it, if you swapped the engine for a Perseus or a Hercules or
Perhaps one the inline six cylinder Gypsy engines, you'd have yourself a plausible
Competitor for the Percival Prentice?

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

zenrat

Both great whiffs.  Well done.

The Pegasus from the latest Airfix Swordfish fits onto the Arado quite nicely.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..