Dashcams

Started by rickshaw, December 17, 2014, 07:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

In Russia, dashcams pick up accidents, drunks and the occasional meteor.  In Germany they show us this.   :blink:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

ChernayaAkula

Sporting proper regulation safety vests, no less!  ;D

Quote from: rickshaw on December 17, 2014, 07:25:42 PM
In Russia, dashcams pick up accidents, drunks and the occasional meteor.  <...>

Or a combination thereof.  ;) Or something else entirely.... :o

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

scooter

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 19, 2014, 08:46:10 AM

Well, that's one way to beat the morning commuter traffic
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Librarian

Russians started using them because of a serious problem with bent traffic cops. They've worked extremely well. I've advocated for years with the arrival of modern tech that all cars by law should carry both front and rear cams with a GPS etc slaved blackbox. Help deal with a hell of a lot of crashes and would certainly put an end to whiplash bullsh*t claims.

PR19_Kit

Just like Salisbury Plain.........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

I thought for sure that Storm Trooper was gonna shoot !

The tank one is pretty awesome....and scary !

:tank:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

pyro-manic

Quote from: Librarian on December 19, 2014, 11:58:17 AM
Russians started using them because of a serious problem with bent traffic cops. They've worked extremely well. I've advocated for years with the arrival of modern tech that all cars by law should carry both front and rear cams with a GPS etc slaved blackbox. Help deal with a hell of a lot of crashes and would certainly put an end to whiplash bullsh*t claims.

Fair point, but I don't like the idea of my whereabouts being tracked wherever I go....
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Go4fun

I'd rather rely on my vehicle computer maps of throttle position, speed and such along with a pair of dashcams. Keep your GPS and the authorities ability to shut down your car.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

ennobee

Was that Bruce Willis looking through the apc's hatch?

rickshaw

Quote from: pyro-manic on December 19, 2014, 03:04:51 PM

Fair point, but I don't like the idea of my whereabouts being tracked wherever I go....

GPS cannot track where you are.  It can tell you where you are.  The system described would encode your position continuously onto the data recorded in the "black box".   You'd have to download it from the "black box" before you could read it.   Most "black box recorders" are just that, recorders.  They don't transmit anything.

I could foresee insurance companies may force you to have more than just a "recorder" though and instead have a transponder but considering the sheer number of cars on the roads, I can't see them being able to record all of their positions simultaneously unless they invest in some very, very heavy metal.

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

eatthis

you got a google or facebook account? how about a mobile phone or tablet? if so then your movements ARE tracked
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

scooter

Quote from: ennobee on December 19, 2014, 08:12:12 PM
Was that Bruce Willis looking through the apc's hatch?

Pierce Brosnan
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: eatthis on December 20, 2014, 12:17:20 AM

you got a google or facebook account? how about a mobile phone or tablet? if so then your movements ARE tracked

Only if the hardware is switched on............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

They can track me all they like but they'd be wasting their time. Better they track those who need watching like politicians.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

Quote from: zenrat on December 21, 2014, 02:10:23 AM
They can track me all they like but they'd be wasting their time. Better they track those who need watching like politicians.

....whose bicycles could use saddle voice recording when dealing with policemen ;D.