A350 Formation Flying

Started by rickshaw, December 19, 2014, 06:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Knightflyer

Very Impressive :o ....Of course ...they should all be painted in a red colour scheme! ;)
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

Excellent flying on the A350 team's part, but where was the smoke?  ;D

And I want to see it with A380s next, OK?  ;)

As for the A400M, I'm not sure that was a loop, it looked more a wing-over to me, the aircraft was never fully inverted.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Librarian

...so that's the curriculum sorted out for TCAS training ;D.

Weaver

Most transports can put on a surprisingly spritely show with an empty cabin and a light fuel load. Their fuel and payload is a rather high percentage of their take-off weight, so under these conditions, their wing loading can be remarkably low. IIRC, the An-72, with all these characteristics plus it's USB-boosted lift, can put on a very impressive performance.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

pyro-manic

One of the best displays I ever saw was performed by a RNZAF 757. Absolutely brilliant. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

rickshaw

Quote from: Weaver on December 20, 2014, 01:28:45 PM
Most transports can put on a surprisingly spritely show with an empty cabin and a light fuel load. Their fuel and payload is a rather high percentage of their take-off weight, so under these conditions, their wing loading can be remarkably low. IIRC, the An-72, with all these characteristics plus it's USB-boosted lift, can put on a very impressive performance.

Way back in '88 I went to the RAAF Bi-Centennial Airshow.  Indeed, it's the only airshow I've ever been to.  Anyway, there for the first time outside the fUSSR was the An-125.  For such a big plane, it put on a very impressive performance, doing turns inside the airfield perimeter and basically standing on one wing tip overhead.    Of course it was lightly loaded, carrying minimum fuel and no load but it was still very impressive to watch from underneath.  :thumbsup:

pyro-manic

The '125 is quite unsettling to watch display, particularly at low speed. It's so big it looks like it's barely moving! :blink: Yeovilton 2012:

AN-124 by pyro-manic, on Flickr

Final pass by pyro-manic, on Flickr
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

rickshaw

The one I saw had nice, big, proper Red Stars on it.  ;)

PR19_Kit

Wait till you see the '225, I think it stands still and the Earth moves underneath it!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

Saw a, then, G.222 put on a spektacular show at some ILA. Really cool.

Another cool thing was an Airbus 340 being put through its paces. Extremely steep climb right after take-off. And surprisingly silent. Unless you looked right up the exhausts, it was all but inaudible.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Captain Canada

Neat stuff. The formation breaks were the best part, as was seeing the shadow of all 5 on the green hills.

I was lucky enough to see a couple of large formations of KC-135s returning from the original Gulf War. They were letting down to land at Selfridge. Impressive.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

puddingwrestler

Anyone get a kick out of spotting that, despite being a high-tech company, in 2014, filming awesome airliner acrobatics, Airbus still runs on Windows XP?
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Nick

Quote from: puddingwrestler on January 07, 2015, 02:05:50 PM
Anyone get a kick out of spotting that, despite being a high-tech company, in 2014, filming awesome airliner acrobatics, Airbus still runs on Windows XP?

Let's be fair, WinXP is now a solid product without many bugs and people are used to it. If it works, don't fix it - Are you listening Microsoft?!!!!  :banghead:
I reckon they'll move over to Windows 7 just as the latest version of Win10 is released... safest and cheapest way to play it!