1/72 Armstrong Whitworth A.W. 47 Antares

Started by The Big Gimper, December 24, 2014, 09:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Big Gimper

Here is my second of 5 A.W. aircraft which were successful in their own right but got forgotten by the more "sexy" designs.

The A.W. 47 Antares was a Griffon power dedicated ground attack aircraft. Packed a train busting punch of 4x 20MM cannons

The victims are:

Hasegawa P-40E for the fuselage
Academy Typhoon Ib for the wings and fin
Horz stabs are from the spares dept so I don't know the source
Academy Spitfire XIV for the propeller and Griffon bulges
DML FW-190 and Academy P-51D for the wheels and LG
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Yes ! Now that one I really like. Got that powerful look....especially from the underside, where you know all the scary stuff is coming from !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

That's really nice, looks quite pugnacious, only thing I'd do if I had the ability would be to lengthen the fuselage slightly
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Big Gimper

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2014, 06:01:18 AM
That's really nice, looks quite pugnacious, only thing I'd do if I had the ability would be to lengthen the fuselage slightly

This P-40E was a rescue so in lieu of the longer fuselage I added the Typhoon tail to counteract the torque. 

But since it went together so well I am confident there will be a Mk. II based on the P-40M/N
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

The Rat

Looks great already and it doesn't even have a lick of paint!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

eatthis

i bet that climbs like a  bugger!
looks like a bulldog
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

NARSES2

Quote from: The Big Gimper on December 26, 2014, 06:27:21 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2014, 06:01:18 AM

This P-40E was a rescue so in lieu of the longer fuselage I added the Typhoon tail to counteract the torque. 

But since it went together so well I am confident there will be a Mk. II based on the P-40M/N

Understood  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.