Halfords spraypaint enquiry........

Started by Army of One, December 26, 2014, 09:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Dear all.......a friend of mine is making the Revell 1/32 Lynx......the first boxing.....he is doing it as the Mk88 German navy version. Due to its size I thought halfords rattle cans be the way to go......he is priming it using the same. So.....can anyone suggest car paint names that are close enough to the ones in the kit. He says he has the orange so I suppose he is looking for the dark blue and the grey......any ideas greatly appreciated......H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Take the box lid into Halfords and compare it with the can lids.

But be prepared for silly questions from over helpful staff......  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 26, 2014, 01:40:19 PM

"Do they still make them then?" is usually followed by "Where do you get them from then?".
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on December 27, 2014, 03:48:26 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 26, 2014, 01:40:19 PM

"Do they still make them then?" is usually followed by "Where do you get them from then?".

See the comment on my Boeing 777-900 thread about Halford's staff ONLY thinking about cars.....  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Thanks Kit......thats probably gonna have to be the solution......I just thought someone may have done it before or found a 'near as ' chart.....I haven't......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Steel Penguin

the alternative is to have a net hall through the official paint codes ( I was going to type RAL  but I know that's wrong, wrong, didlly wrong but cant remember the prober title)  ( pantone???)
and that may give you a match or near too.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!