Takom

Started by Weaver, December 26, 2014, 04:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

1/350 P & Q Class Zeppelins

I'm hoping for the even bigger R Class.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

1/144 Lun Ekranoplan.  Another biggy, about the same size as a 1/72 Victor. 

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

jcf

1/350 ABSD-1 Large Auxiliary Floating Dry Dock.

Image with list of ships it can hold.

More images:
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10900587

PR19_Kit

That's got to be a LOT of plastic and PE!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

That's pretty much what I said. :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

OK then folks, what could we whiff a floating dry dock into?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Ideal for holding a Montana class battleship or a USS United States carrier.

seadude

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2022, 08:17:40 AMIdeal for holding a Montana class battleship or a USS United States carrier.

My thoughts exactly!  :thumbsup:  If only this had come out way earlier when I could have used it for my USS Louisiana MONTANA battleship build. But.........too late now. :(
But would it really be wide enough to hold a modern CVN carrier? Doubtful.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

scooter

Quote from: seadude on September 14, 2022, 08:45:17 AM
Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2022, 08:17:40 AMIdeal for holding a Montana class battleship or a USS United States carrier.

My thoughts exactly!  :thumbsup:  If only this had come out way earlier when I could have used it for my USS Louisiana MONTANA battleship build. But.........too late now. :(
But would it really be wide enough to hold a modern CVN carrier? Doubtful.

I was wondering if an Audacious or a 27C Esssx would fit
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Steel Penguin

add 2 of the Zepplins to the sides and 2 above,  flying aero dock   :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Mossie

Mulberry harbour next?

Gondor

Quote from: Mossie on September 15, 2022, 05:10:13 AMMulberry harbour next?

I remember the build articles for that in the Airfix Magazine, back in the day when it was the smaller format which makes it in the 70's, nice idea but you would need a hanger to do the full thing in 1/350, or a dry dock  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Mossie

Maybe one two sections, if you want to do the whole harbour you buy more and start the divorce proceedings...

scooter

Quote from: Mossie on September 16, 2022, 05:00:02 AMMaybe one two sections, if you want to do the whole harbour you buy more and start the divorce proceedings...

And mortgage for a warehouse.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng