Takom

Started by Weaver, December 26, 2014, 04:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

I Knew it wasn't right, but I didn't know what was wrong with it which is how my problems with speiling manifest themselves  :banghead: :banghead:

At least it got a giggle  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: Gondor on July 27, 2021, 03:26:58 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 27, 2021, 02:02:26 AM
If they pantographed them down to 1/72 and/or 1/96 they'd have a much larger market.

1/35 works well for small dioramas or vinagrets, not sure that's the right word  :-\

Gondor

Yeah, the AK-130 and Kashtan CIWS have proved quite popular.  The Chaos did the AK-130 last year:
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=47541.msg873118#msg873118

Photos don't seem to be showing though. :-\
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

scooter

Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 27, 2021, 01:19:25 AM
ohh that's shiney  :thumbsup:  shame no one does a 1:35 V bomber to hang them from  :banghead:   still an old Tamiya chieftain hull would be crossable as a mount

Or a pair mounted on an M-993 chassis
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Quote from: scooter on July 27, 2021, 07:32:02 AM
ohh that's shiney  :thumbsup:  shame no one does a 1:35 V bomber to hang them from  :banghead:   still an old Tamiya chieftain hull would be crossable as a mount

Back of a Hilux or Landcruiser?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on July 28, 2021, 04:37:52 AM
Quote from: scooter on July 27, 2021, 07:32:02 AM

Back of a Hilux or Landcruiser?

If it fits, it works.  (Assuming the chassis can handle the weight of the mount for a LW Sea Wolf)

Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

seadude

Snoman Models, in collaboration with TAKOM, is coming out soon with a 1/350 scale USS Zumwalt kit. Frankly, I don't see how this model can be whiffed that much, but who knows?
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/snowman-model-sp-6001-ddg-1000-uss-zumwalt--1392982

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Weaver

Quote from: seadude on December 30, 2021, 06:17:23 PM
Snoman Models, in collaboration with TAKOM, is coming out soon with a 1/350 scale USS Zumwalt kit. Frankly, I don't see how this model can be whiffed that much, but who knows?

You could always write a whiffy backstory in which it actually works... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: seadude on December 30, 2021, 06:17:23 PM

Lozenge or dazzle schemes
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

PR19_Kit

Put a BIG gun turret on it, a 21st century monitor.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 31, 2021, 12:02:19 AM
Put a BIG gun turret on it, a 21st century monitor.  ;)

Well it's already got two 6-inch guns. How about a honking great fixed gun sticking out of the superstructure as per the M class submarines?

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

Take two, put them together at the waterline and add some space ship engines (e.g. from a Klingon D7 cruiser). Voilà.  ;)

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 31, 2021, 01:46:16 AM
Take two, put them together at the waterline and add some space ship engines (e.g. from a Klingon D7 cruiser). Voilà.  ;)

Might also want to add the prow of a D7 as well
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on December 31, 2021, 01:26:14 AM

Well it's already got two 6-inch guns. How about a honking great fixed gun sticking out of the superstructure as per the M class submarines?

Exactly my point, 2 x 6 ins guns hardly count on the GUNship front, do they?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Chop off the stern right at the superstructure, stick a twin 16" turret on the bow, ten more 6" guns in either sponsons or casements, and add a ram to the bow, then paint her buff over white?
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx