opions please on........

Started by Army of One, December 27, 2014, 05:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

.....the best budget FW190D9 in 1/72....I don't think the Airfix offering is out yet.......I got some of the old Hase ones n not impressed by them.....any opinions welcome......many thanks.....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Tamiya mate.

Not "budget" as such but still half the price of the Hasegawa kit. A lovely build and I've done 3 of them  :thumbsup:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/TA60751
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Chris......thanks for the reply.....aren't the Tamiya 1/72 kits just re-boxed kits from other manufacturers with different decals n higher price.....? Or is this scaled down kit from their 1/48 kit.....?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

No idea if it's scaled down but it is all Tamiya. As I said a great kit as are all their 1/72 kits from their own tooling.

They only sell Italeri kits in their boxes in Japan and you don't tend to get them over here
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

I built the Academy one a little while back. Can't comment on accuracy, but it went together very well: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,36470.0.html :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Army of One

Ah yes......I remember that paint job........lovely........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

I love the little Academy kits. Go together like a dream ! Never seen the Tamiya one tho.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

I've built a fair few of the newer Academy 1/72 kits but not the 190D. The ones I have built do build well, but there's just something else about the fit of Tamiya  :rolleyes: especially given most of them are a few years old now

rickshaw

Aren't Tamiya 1/72 aircraft kits reboxed Italerie's for the most part?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on December 29, 2014, 04:46:40 AM
Aren't Tamiya 1/72 aircraft kits reboxed Italerie's for the most part?

See my post above

In the UK no. We don't tend to see them - all Tamiya are Tamiya. Although I think Hannants have been selling some of the reboxes recently but I've absolutely no idea why unless there's a class of modeller who wont be seen with an Italeri box but is happy to have the kit in a Tamiya one ? Snobbery gone mad ?  :banghead:

In the Far East (and possibly other markets) they do rebox and sell Italeri under their name

Just checked and Yes Hannants are selling some modern jets and helicopters by Italeri in Tamiya boxings