My library just grew again 2015...

Started by Rheged, December 27, 2014, 06:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

The Classic Twin-cam Engine by Griffith Borgeson.  :thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

Flyer   some of the ideas in  long mars are incredible..  but some of the implications are almost soul destroying,  the 4th book long utopia sounds even more intriguing.  I wait and see.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Pratchet's last book "The Shepherd's Crown"

1/2 price in Smiths + an extra 10% off from a voucher the gave me a week or so ago  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

From ebay

Red Star Volume 21

Antonov's Jet Twins

The An-72/-74 Family

One of those minimum bid wins at a silly little price. I do have a kit in the stash which is why I made the bid.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Logan Hartke

Quote from: Gondor on September 03, 2015, 09:23:30 AM
Red Star Volume 21

Antonov's Jew Twins

The An-72/-74 Family

I'm thinking that's a typo.

Cheers,

Logan

jcf

Bugatti by Borgeson.   :thumbsup:

Finished reading it this morning, very good.   :thumbsup:

Gondor

Quote from: Logan Hartke on September 03, 2015, 09:31:20 AM
Quote from: Gondor on September 03, 2015, 09:23:30 AM
Red Star Volume 21

Antonov's Jew Twins

The An-72/-74 Family

I'm thinking that's a typo.

Cheers,

Logan

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Yes it was. Corrected now

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Steel Penguin

back from the Wombourne show   2nd user copy of ospreys  British army 1980s   cold war hot score.   Orbats  colour and BW plates and explanation stuff  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Hobbes

Project Terminated - Famous military aircraft cancellations of the cold war and what might have been (Erik Simonsen)
Mrs Bradshaw's Handbook to Travelling Upon the Ankh-Morpork & Sto Plains Hygienic Railway (Terry Pratchett)
Wonderful contraptions & extraordinary inventions - Heath Robinson
Iron, steam and money, the making of the industrial revolution - Roger Osborne

NARSES2

Max Hastings latest - The Secret War - Spies, Codes and Guerrillas : 1939 - 1945

Amazon were doing it at half price (£15) so I looked in Waterstone's as I don't mind paying £5 or so over the Amazon price as my contribution to keeping our local bookshops going, and guess what ? Their price £15. So taken there was zero postage made it cheaper  :thumbsup: I also got to chat to the attractive young lady who helped me find it  ;D , they've changed the layout again  :banghead:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hobbes

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 10, 2015, 06:17:18 AM
Max Hastings latest - The Secret War - Spies, Codes and Guerrillas : 1939 - 1945

Great minds think alike, I got the same today.

Rheged

From a second hand bookshop in Pershore,  volumes 1,5, 6 and 7 of Aircraft of the Fighting Powers.  I now have the full set. 
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Green Dragon

Got Nimrod's Genesis for my Birthday in September. Very interesting!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Nick

The Final Discworld Novel, The Shepherds Crown. An enjoyable read tinged with sadness and a few laughs. Could be regarded as part of the Witches set in Terry's works given the ending.

He managed to work in references to many of his own previous books and Shakespeare, Dad's Army, Monty Python and others I may have missed. Shame he couldn't truly finish it, but such is Death.

The Wooksta!

"The Hunt for Gestapo Muller" by Charles Whiting.  Interesting read, with speculation that he escaped to Argentina.  His "grave" was found to contain the bones of 3 separate people!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic