My library just grew again 2015...

Started by Rheged, December 27, 2014, 06:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiZac

Catch-22 is the man. I lent my copy to a friend, so I need to buy another. It made me want to remake the movie - imagine a miniseries (even a two-parter) which included everything!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Steel Penguin

thaw of the lich lord, a supplement for frostgrave  a skirmish fantasy wargame, and the spell cards to go with.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

The Wooksta!

More Christopher Hitchens:
Mortality
No one left to lie to
Why Orwell Matters
Hitch 22

Currently on this year's read of "1984"
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Green Dragon

Got a load of magazines and two of WH Smiths bookazines, Avro Vulcan and Luftwaffe Secret Jets of the Third Reich.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

NARSES2

Breaking Point of the French Army: The Nivelle Offensive of 1917

I know of the 1917 Nivelle offensive but thought I should know more about it and its consequences.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

Read a lot lately but one stands out. If you're a fan of earlier Clive Barker (Weaveworld, Imajica etc) then pick up a copy of NOS 4R2 by Joe Hill. 700 pages read in two marathon sessions...couldn't stop :thumbsup:

Nick

It struck me lately that I don't know that much about the history of Ireland and all that led up to the Irish Civil War and the Troubles. This is despite my having been to Dublin and seen the Post Office that burnt down and Kilmainham Jail where they executed the Easter Uprising guys.

In Poundland of all places this afternoon I picked up The Story Of Ireland by Neil Hegarty. This goes with the 2011 BBC TV series which I shall have to download. There was also another series on BBC this year to watch.

jcf

Quote from: Librarian on December 14, 2015, 12:15:33 PM
Read a lot lately but one stands out. If you're a fan of earlier Clive Barker (Weaveworld, Imajica etc) then pick up a copy of NOS 4R2 by Joe Hill. 700 pages read in two marathon sessions...couldn't stop :thumbsup:

His earlier novel Heart Shaped Box is also quite good, haven't read Horns yet, nor seen the film
version with Daniel Radcliffe, but have heard good things about both.

Joe definitely takes after his parents, Stephen and Tabitha King.  :thumbsup:

Green Dragon

Got the US Secret Projects WW2 book, really like the design on the cover.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

overscan

Quote from: Thorvic on November 18, 2015, 11:42:02 PM
Oh US Secret Projects WW2 arrived at the weekend as I had it on pre-order and thus didn't pic it up at SMW. I think I prefer its format to the Japanese Volume's which remind me more of a coffee table book promoting the artwork rather than the aircraft, so glad the focus is back on to the aircraft.

Agreed, its a really fabulous book, just a shame its full of propeller engined designs ;)

I hope one to see a followup to Early US Jet Fighters: Proposals, Projects and Prototypes covering the 60s and 70s. Modern US Jet Fighters: Proposal, Projects and Prototypes perhaps?
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

NARSES2

Quote from: overscan on December 18, 2015, 03:18:13 PM

I hope one to see a followup to Early US Jet Fighters: Proposals, Projects and Prototypes covering the 60s and 70s. Modern US Jet Fighters: Proposal, Projects and Prototypes perhaps?

There are a couple in the series Fighters and Interceptors and the Bombers etc. I've got them
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

overscan

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 19, 2015, 03:47:37 AM
Quote from: overscan on December 18, 2015, 03:18:13 PM

There are a couple in the series Fighters and Interceptors and the Bombers etc. I've got them

No, I am aware of the original American Secret Projects volumes. Early US Jet Fighters: Proposals, Projects and Prototypes covered the first few chapters of ASP: Jet Fighters expanded out into a much more comprehensive study.

I would like to see a similar treatment of TFX, LWF, FX and other programmes from the 60s and 60s.
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

NARSES2

Quote from: overscan on December 19, 2015, 07:23:48 PM
[I would like to see a similar treatment of TFX, LWF, FX and other programmes from the 60s and 60s.

Understood

Mossie

From Hull, Hell and Halifax: An Illustrated History of No.4 Group 1937-1948 by Chris Blanchett

Good book with a lot of detail on bomber ops in my local area.  The HQ was Heslinginton Hall near York and is now the main admin building for the University of York, where I work occasionally.  Makes me want an Airfix Whitley. <_<
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Spey_Phantom

new addition in the library

the complete collection of TinTin comics (hardback)

got it at a bargain price today at 30% off.
will be used for research into future TinTin builds  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.