My library just grew again 2015...

Started by Rheged, December 27, 2014, 06:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: Nils on December 23, 2015, 03:51:29 AM
new addition in the library

the complete collection of TinTin comics (hardback)

got it at a bargain price today at 30% off.
will be used for research into future TinTin builds  :thumbsup:

Where is the GREEN with envy Button when you need it?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Got one of the new style Ladybird books for adults today. I got one as a present for somebody and as they were doing a deal I got "How it works - The Wife". I know I don't have one but it may help me try to understand them !  :blink: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Bet it's a much larger volume than 'The Husband'.....! :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on December 23, 2015, 12:13:31 PM
Bet it's a much larger volume than 'The Husband'.....! :wacko:

Suprisingly it's the same size  ;D However it may be the first in a series  :rolleyes:

I read it last night and on first thoughts it's very funny, on second you go "ah, that's why they do that"  :o
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

I received for Xmas

Airfile Operation Torch refference

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Rheged

Book tokens (hurrah) and John Winton's "The Forgotten Fleet" on  British Pacific Fleet operations 1944-45.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Nick

In addition to the usual shirts and socks I got Bill Brysons book Little Dribbling, a Transport of Yesterday calendar (old trucks, bikes and planes! :thumbsup:) and several beers. I think Santa is trying to say something here...

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on December 25, 2015, 08:03:10 AM
John Winton's "The Forgotten Fleet" on  British Pacific Fleet operations 1944-45.

Excellent book

One final pressie yesterday which was under the tree to be opened post lunch was  Marshal Joffre: The Triumphs, Failures and Controversies of France's Commander-in-Chief in the Great War 

Sometimes stopping and ostentatiously browsing a book in Waterstones works  :rolleyes:

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2015, 03:39:56 AM
Quote from: Rheged on December 25, 2015, 08:03:10 AM
John Winton's "The Forgotten Fleet" on  British Pacific Fleet operations 1944-45.

Excellent book

Agreed,I've wanted my own copy for ages.  I think Rheged minor bought me it so that  he can read it too!

Green Dragon

Some books for Christmas:-
Bond By Design:Art of the James Bond Films
Dragons Wings by Andreas Rupprecht (very nice book!)
The Hobbit:Creatrures and Characters

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

KiwiZac

For Christmas from Sam's grandparents: The Battle Of Britain Yearbook by Peter R March.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Rheged

Fellow residents of Whiffworld; a slightly important  announcement.

A clean new area has been created (see below for link) in order that you might report on your acquisitions of reading material during the forthcoming year. I would be extremely grateful if you could commence using this space at or after 12:01 am on 1st January 2016.  Thank you.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,41626.0.html

Mossie

Christmas haul:

Mark IV vs A7V; Villers-Bretonneux by David R. Higgins - Osprey Duel
The Rolls-Royce Armoured Car by David Fletcher - Osprey New Vanguard
Mark V Tank by David Fletcher - Osprey New Vanguard
French Tanks of World War I by Steven J. Zaloga
American Secret Projects; Fighters, Bombers and Attack Aircraft 1937-1945 by Tony Butler and Alan Griffith
Millenium Falcon; Modified YT-1399 Corellian Freighter - Owners Workshop Manual by Ryder Windham, Chris Reiff and Chris Trevas
The Stars; A New Way to See Them by H.A. Rey (I've a passing interest in Astronomy)

A couple of Kindle novels from my childhood, I'll hopefully introduce them to my girls when they're older:
The Midnight Folk by John Masefield
The Box of Delights by John Masefield
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on December 30, 2015, 12:08:13 PM
Christmas haul:

Mark IV vs A7V; Villers-Bretonneux by David R. Higgins - Osprey Duel
The Rolls-Royce Armoured Car by David Fletcher - Osprey New Vanguard
Mark V Tank by David Fletcher - Osprey New Vanguard
French Tanks of World War I by Steven J. Zaloga

Do I detect a WWI armour vibe ?  ;D

Hobby Boss have just brought out some WWI French armour, just got the St Chamond