F4U14-1 Corsasym

Started by Tophe, December 27, 2014, 08:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Nice one Tophe ! Father-Son time is the best part of life  :wub:

And what a great idea, build it 'rw' first, then bash it ! Two models for the gift of one !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Your son looks quite happy with his results. Best part of all.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Don't get me wrong Tophe (I'm not wanting to offend you) but i'm mildly surprised your lad doesn't have an asymmetrical face...
;D

Nice pic.  He looks happy to be doing something with his dad.  One of my earliest memories is of my father building me an Airfix 1/72 EE Lightning which I then tied on a string and towed round the garden.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Yup I to have fond memories of my dad "helping" me make early Airfix kits. I think we both got high on the old tube glue  :rolleyes:

Dad wasn't really interested but he gave me a hobby that's stayed with me for my whole life. Cheers Dad  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on December 31, 2014, 09:58:35 PM
Don't get me wrong Tophe (I'm not wanting to offend you) but i'm mildly surprised your lad doesn't have an asymmetrical face...
;D
After the new year celebration, the butcher is no more asleep...:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

putty time now...:

there is so much matter to add, sanding will be later, far later.

Tophe

I will not add putty alone without supporting frame, but the fuel tank seems there for a new nose...
(written by my son jacky jemsey)

Captain Canada

Nice to read about time spent with dad.  :wub:

She's really coming along now Tophe !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Thanks!

With extra support for the putty (from sprues), the nose looks like scratchbuiling...

Captain Canada

Are you planning on filling in between the sprues with more putty ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Yes, probably I should not leave a hole in the middle (for all would break down during sanding). I have ordered yesterday 3 tubes of putty... ;)

perttime

Lots of putty might make the nose heavy? Maybe the tail needs some added weight too, if you want it to stand on its landing gear?

Tophe

I consider putting the tail wheel under the nose... :-\

DogfighterZen

This is very interesting...  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"