F4U14-1 Corsasym

Started by Tophe, December 27, 2014, 08:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Thanks a lot!
The model is now finished (according to my poor standards, sorry), the drawing dream has turned solid ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

My 5 year old son made a very different photograph, showing the asymmetric nose landing gear... :blink: :lol:

perttime

I have never seen anything like that before!  :o
And I don't think it is realistic ...  :thumbsup:  :lol:

rickshaw

Realistic?  Wash your mouth out!   :thumbsup: ;D ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Tophe

Dear rickshaw is right: on this planet (in my mind), such an aircraft fly perfectly well, and most of my colleagues here in the psychiatric asylum do confirm: this layout is the best for speed (that is why the doctors around us are jealous and punish us with painful infections, this is torture...) ;)

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

And the Chief test pilot said after its first flight 'It's very handy handy having that damned great engine out of the way so I can see where I'm going!' ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Tophe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 11, 2015, 02:15:11 AM
And the Chief test pilot said after its first flight 'It's very handy handy having that damned great engine out of the way so I can see where I'm going!' ;D :lol:
Yes! Countering torque is not the only possible reason... ;D
No, "seriously", the design was based on the crew member in the nose, pedalling to increase the propeller speed (through gears and shaft engineering, seriously!) ;D

NARSES2

I love the fact even the undercarriage is asymmetric  :bow: :bow:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 11, 2015, 07:10:53 AM
I love the fact even the undercarriage is asymmetric  :bow: :bow:
In fact... (I tell you a secret, don't repeat it, shhht...) I am a very bad modeller, and the little landing gear was badly glued upside down, not vertical properly, but as the aircraft is completely asymmetric, special words did pretend this was voluntary... hehehe... ;)

crudebuteffective

what do you drink and where can i get some!!!??? because its powerful stuff by the look of it
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

Tophe

Quote from: crudebuteffective on February 11, 2015, 10:31:26 AM
what do you drink and where can i get some!!!??? because its powerful stuff by the look of it
I swear all is legal! This is dirty-sock juice or something like that (I don't remember exactly, my brains went away with it)... ;)  :party: