Horten Nachtjäger 1/72 REVELL

Started by The Chaos, December 28, 2014, 01:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chaos

Evening folks ,
my newest model a hoarding las night fighter.
Were complemented machine guns , the antennas and the 2 railguns.

dumaniac

zenrat

I like it.

Why did these have such big wheels?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Very nice. Your paint work is impeccable. Love the colours and especially the exhaust work.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Quote from: zenrat on December 29, 2014, 12:51:32 AM
I like it.

I like it also.  Great work on the paint, especially the scorched section aft the engines.

Perhaps a large nose wheel was deemed favorable to prevent cartwheeling with such a closely paired landing gear (short wheel base) and heavily loaded nose gear.  Landing attitude would also be critical with wanting the front wheel to touch first, or all three at the same time, to avoid a sharp rotation (slap down) onto the nose gear as is done with most conventional tricycle gear aircraft. Known as a wheelbarrow landing- which is a no-no in most tricycle aircraft. 

A large nose tire (tyre) would give greater floatation, thus less likely to dig in and flip the aircraft, and greater shock absortion.     
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Allan

very fine model...yes the scorch marks are utterly convincing...one thing about the Horten is that there is no place to realistically put numbers or a unit marking....I like the idea that one modeller had: he put a big swastika on the back where the wings and the fus form a triangular shape
Allan

Army of One

Oh yes......I like this loads....... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

zenrat

Quote from: sandiego89 on December 29, 2014, 09:36:47 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 29, 2014, 12:51:32 AM
I like it.

I like it also.  Great work on the paint, especially the scorched section aft the engines.

Perhaps a large nose wheel was deemed favorable to prevent cartwheeling with such a closely paired landing gear (short wheel base) and heavily loaded nose gear.  Landing attitude would also be critical with wanting the front wheel to touch first, or all three at the same time, to avoid a sharp rotation (slap down) onto the nose gear as is done with most conventional tricycle gear aircraft. Known as a wheelbarrow landing- which is a no-no in most tricycle aircraft. 

A large nose tire (tyre) would give greater floatation, thus less likely to dig in and flip the aircraft, and greater shock absortion.     

Hmmmm, there is a lot of weight coming down on that wheel.  I think you're right.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Chaos

matrixone

Very nice work on the Horten! :cheers:

I can't remember if it was here or another site where I answered the question about the Horten's landing gear but the Ho 229 was designed to sit with the nose angled higher than most other tricycle landing gear aircraft. This is because the Ho 229 did not have enough elevator force to raise the nose since the main landing gear was placed so far back, with the nose angled upwards a few degrees all the pilot had to do on takeoff was to keep it going straight ahead and when enough speed was reached the aircraft would lift off on its own. If the Ho 229 did not have the nose angled up like it was it would have been the fastest jet powered (and coolest looking) tricycle on the planet.

Matrixone

Glenn Gilbertson

A good looking model - great paintwork. :thumbsup:

dumaniac

jet tricycle - most amusing Matrixone - most amusing

it would be one hell of a ride