Metal Earth

Started by Mossie, December 31, 2014, 03:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Came across these when I was given one for Christmas.  They're a series of small slot together photo-etched models including sci-fi, planes, tanks, buildings, even insects.
http://www.fascinations.com/metalearth

Okay as models in their own right, bur I thought they might offer a good source of greeblies for scratch builders, scif-fi modelers etc.  Mine was two sheets of 4" x 4", probably a cheaper source than you could pick up after market photo-etch.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Saw them at a store a few weeks ago. Pretty neat. I think Nick got some but haven't seen any build pics.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Wooksta!

There's a youtube video of some dude building the Titanic kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

wikxie

I've just finished doing the model of the Lunar Module. It was a bit fiddly at times but built up to be a fair representation of the real thing.

Nick

I do have the Lancaster and I have some time off coming up soon....

Mossie

Finished my R2-D2 last night, I'll take some pictures and put them on.  Fiddly, but turned out okay in the end.  The first bit was the head and unfortunately suffered for it as I worked things out, but I'd happily build another.  Took me about four nights to get it done.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.