My stash just grew again (2015)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2014, 03:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Wor club night and I acquired a 72nd Heller DC 6 which will form the basis of an Avro Tudor II.  Well, the fuselage will anyway.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 07, 2015, 01:28:30 PM
Wor club night and I acquired a 72nd Heller DC 6 which will form the basis of an Avro Tudor II.  Well, the fuselage will anyway.

The build thread for that'll be worth watching.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I really need to dig out my file on the Tudor.  Its an aircraft that's never really been covered in any detail that I'm aware of.

From my initial guess, without looking at any plans, the back end taper is too shallow as it starts too far forward and the nose will need rebuilding to a wider, more blunt shape.  Either lots of milliput - which, quite frankly, I hate - or a tin of P38.  The latter more likely.

It's probably going to be next year's big build - too much on the go now in the countdown to Telford and I've a pair of other big projects to finish first, possibly four.  Not to mention all the Spitfires and several Beaufighters, Defiants and a Mosquito.

Depending on how I get on, I'm thinking about a variant on the Avro 711.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

Wow....will that ever be something to see ! I've had one of those in the stash forever and might stick the Shak engines and props on it.

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

From ebay sellers, both Hasegawa kits of the old and the new school, F-35A from South Korea and from the UK, the F11F-1 Tiger! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Captain Canada

WooHoo ! Always fun checking the mail when you are awaiting somat....

RCAF, RCN, and maybe RCMarines ? Might be white as an army bird as well.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Captain Canada

Almost forgot about my kitten's shots today ( for a second time  :banghead: ) so missed my trip to my LHS. I did manage to call tho, at 4 minutes to closing time....he was pretty excited to start listing off everything that came in. Not all of it, but a lot of new stuff, incl. the Blenheim ! Watch this space !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

The P-51H and the Mojave are both great kits Cap'n, you'll enjoy them for sure.

I didn't even know anyone did a 1/72 Seastar, that looks good.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

jcf

Do the CH-37 with a pair of swept-exhaust 700 series Hercules ala the Bristol Freighter, or what the hell,
backdate it and use the forward exhaust collector Hercules from a Beaufighter.  ;D

JayBee

Just recieved from the Big H via the man in the red van with the red trolley.

2 X Mikro Mir Blackburn Beverleys.

Looks good.
Only two transparencies, cockpit glazing and the nose position, all the rest are given as transfers. However there is a sheet of masks for the transparencies.
A small P/E fret, which as I have not read the instruction sheet, I have absolutely no idea what they are for!
Four colour schemes, one brown bomber and three, distinctly different N/M aircraft.
Interior detail looks OK, especially for this scale. Mine are likely to be fully closed up so I am not bothered about that.

Jim

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Captain Canada

Cheers guys. Checking into exhaust ideas ! Also checking out Micro Mir  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on September 09, 2015, 04:46:35 AM
Just recieved from the Big H via the man in the red van with the red trolley.

2 X Mikro Mir Blackburn Beverleys.

Hm, I'm envisaging just what a Beverley Zwilling would look like...............  ;D :lol:

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 09, 2015, 11:52:37 AM

Hm, I'm envisaging just what a Beverley Zwilling would look like...............  ;D :lol:

Don't, I certainly am not.

Cats are not real.