My stash just grew again (2015)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2014, 03:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

From a member on another forum who is selling them in a very limited way to raise money for charity I got a resin 1/24 Nissan Sunny Ute body.
This is the body from the current Aoshima long wheelbase kit cut down to enable one to build the short wheelbase version that was sold here.  Windows, interior tub and grille from the kit will fit without modifications and it is a very simple job to cut down the chassis.
I foresee a 1/24 zenrat industries ute in my future.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

In another display of What If excellence, Thorvic has added to the stash with these gems :

new Airfix Beaufighter TF.x
And these decals :
Belcher Starfighter
Blackbird Post War RAF Pt:1

Sky`s decals Isreali Raam
Xtradecal TSR.2 whif pt.2

:wub: :cheers:

Thank you very much !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

From the excellent F&S Models in Droylesden, an Airfix Messerschmitt Bf109E-4, mainly to nick the decals for my BoB He112.

Also got a tin of Hu240 RLM02 Grau, but declined the recommended Hu65 as RLM65 Hellblau, since it looked way to dark.

EDIT: just looked at the tim of Hu65 I've already got and it looks way lighter and righter than the one in the shop - hmmmmmm :unsure:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Steel Penguin

possibly different lights  incandesant vs neon's/ lcd?
the colour of the bulbs and surrounding walls have a major effect as well
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 17, 2015, 01:56:51 AM
Quote from: McColm on September 16, 2015, 08:21:34 PM
1/72
Vacform HS Victor Bomber

Jeepers, haven't seen one of them for years!

But it should be 'HP', not 'HS', our Howard of Effingham will be apoplectic over that!  ;D :lol:
Sorry :banghead:

DogfighterZen

Today arrived my Special Hobby 1/72 F-86K and Airfix F-22 Quick Build kit... Some of you may ask: "What's with the quick build?"
All i can say is, it's very useful plastic... :wacko:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Weaver

Quote from: Steel Penguin on September 22, 2015, 12:08:06 PM
possibly different lights  incandesant vs neon's/ lcd?
the colour of the bulbs and surrounding walls have a major effect as well

Don't think so: it was pretty much daylight near the middle of the white-painted shop. I'm pretty sure the Hu65 in the shop was significantly darker than the Hu65 I've already got. It'll be interesting to find out what colour the latter comes out when I open the tin......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

From BNA model world - both 1/72
Tamiya Bf 109 E4/7 Trop
Eduard Bf 110 G2 Weekend Edition.

Having read so many good reviews of the Eduard Bf 110 I just had to find out how good they really are when I saw this one for $17.  First impressions are the box is HUUUUUUGE, lots of spares for the parts boxes and the detail looks superb.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Weaver on September 22, 2015, 11:08:26 AM
Also got a tin of Hu240 RLM02 Grau, but declined the recommended Hu65 as RLM65 Hellblau, since it looked way to dark.

EDIT: just looked at the tim of Hu65 I've already got and it looks way lighter and righter than the one in the shop - hmmmmmm :unsure:

Humbrol 65 is not the worst RLM 65 simulation, IMHO, it's very close, but a bit bright if you use it OOB. Another handy alternative is FS 35414.
The best/most convincing I have come across so far is the tone from Modelmaster's Authentic Line enamels - it's just as light as Humbrol 65, but more dull/grey-ish. I actually like to use the Modelmaster tone as basis, and then add some panel shading with the Humbrol paint. The difference is very subtle, but the brighter/more blue-ish 65 is just enough to have a slight contrast.

Dizzyfugu

...and a new addition to the stash arrived:

1:35, huge box, complex kit.  ;D

Austanker

Was only looking at those a couple of days ago seen some good builds of these , plenty of scope for add on bits being 1/35

Captain Canada

Wow that's going to be fun to watch you build !

:cheers: :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

From my LHS :

Academy SB-17 Air Rescue Service
Airfix DH.88 Comet

:thumbsup:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

I took The Boy's tablet in to get a new charging socket as he'd bent, spindled & mutilated the one on it.  That was a mistake.  The mobile phone/tablet repair shop also stocks RC gear and model kits.

I left with another Italian Trimotor - this time a 1/72 Supermodel Savoia Marchetti SM81 Pipistrello.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 24, 2015, 09:30:22 PM
I left with another Italian Trimotor - this time a 1/72 Supermodel Savoia Marchetti SM81 Pipistrello.

Interesting. I have an Italeri boxing which says Updated New Tooling. If is the same kit then they have cleaned it up a lot. Surprised me how big it is.

Never been quite sure what to do with it  :unsure: Either a real world build or as part of my alternative Austro-Hungary scenario.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.