My stash just grew again (2015)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2014, 03:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Just received from Draw Decal

1 x 1/144 Set 44s-C5-10 for my C-18B build  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Spey_Phantom

just got back from a reccon ride in the new area, found a huge department store  :thumbsup:

came home with a Revell 1/72 OH-58D Kiowa  :mellow:
this will replace the one that was lost in the move.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Gondor

Quote from: Nils on September 28, 2015, 07:44:52 AM
just got back from a reccon flight in the new area, found a huge department store  :thumbsup:

came home with a Revell 1/72 OH-58D Kiowa  :mellow:

Which you will probably find in a month or two.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Gondor on September 28, 2015, 07:48:57 AM

Gondor

i dont think so, it was one that i built a few years ago, but it was damaged beyond repair  :-\
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Gondor

Quote from: Nils on September 28, 2015, 08:56:30 AM
Quote from: Gondor on September 28, 2015, 07:48:57 AM

Gondor

i dont think so, it was one that i built a few years ago, but it was damaged beyond repair  :-\

Sorry, I thought from what you had said that is was lost as in "missing" not "damaged beyond repair".

At least you know any problems in building the kit.

Gondor

jcf

Quote from: zenrat on September 27, 2015, 03:28:43 AM

Am I alone in thinking The Mouse is going to strip the guts out of this franchise leaving nothing but a desiccated husk viewed with contempt by once keen fans?

Can they really be any worse than Georgie-boy himself?

Rick Lowe

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 28, 2015, 01:46:37 PM

Am I alone in thinking The Mouse is going to strip the guts out of this franchise leaving nothing but a desiccated husk viewed with contempt by once keen fans?

Well, at least GL had *some* vested interest in keeping his product relatively 'pristine and pure' - "The Mouse"es Beancounters will fold, spindle and mutilate anything they get their sticky mitts on, in the name of profit.

Does anyone else find it vaguely (or even extremely) disturbing to think Leia and Amidala are now 'Disney Princesses'?   :blink: :blink:

Cheers

Captain Canada

Quote from: Nils on September 28, 2015, 07:44:52 AM

Ya You'll find and then the new one will be a bonus !

I stopped at my LHS today and grabbed the Airfix Bf110C-2/C-4 kit. Single engine anyone ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 28, 2015, 08:44:44 PM

Does anyone else find it vaguely (or even extremely) disturbing to think Leia and Amidala are now 'Disney Princesses'?   :blink: :blink:

Cheers

Um!  oo da f*&K are them two
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 29, 2015, 05:05:43 PM

Cheers

Princes Leia from the original Star Wars trilogy (with the metal bikini) and Queen Amidala from the Prequel(s)

kitnut617

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 29, 2015, 05:40:20 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on September 29, 2015, 05:05:43 PM

Cheers

Princes Leia from the original Star Wars trilogy (with the metal bikini) and Queen Amidala from the Prequel(s)

Oh, I guess you might have figured out I'm not into Star Wars   -------    ;)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

I dropped into my LHS today to pick up some evergreen sheet for scratchbuilding and left with the 1/72 Italeri Savoia Marchetti SM-82 Canguro i've had my eye on for a while (bringing my minor collection of Italian Trimotors to four).
They knocked off $20 due to the damaged box.
It's got a pretty well detailed interior with two decks of paratroopers bench seats.
I'm thinking maybe a civilian budget airline in NMF (Propstar? Easyprop?).

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 28, 2015, 01:46:37 PM

Well, at least GL had *some* vested interest in keeping his product relatively 'pristine and pure' - "The Mouse"es Beancounters will fold, spindle and mutilate anything they get their sticky mitts on, in the name of profit.

Cheers

From what I've seen on-line, fans seem pretty pleased with the information about the new movie that's been released so far and the way the film's been made (back to practical effects as far as possible). Whether the film actually cuts the mustard will depend on the script of course.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

i'm interested to see how merchandise driven the plot is.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Couple of transfer sheets. Discovered I had no early war German markings other than a couple of 109's and 111's on a "Show special sheet". So got myself a sheet for 3 early 110's and another for 17 Ju 87's, including that blasted snake  ;D  :thumbsup: from the Big H
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.