My stash just grew again (2015)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2014, 03:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Steel Penguin on October 16, 2015, 10:42:09 AM
order them by the display box from Amazon gents,  delivered straight to the door  :thumbsup:   ( where's the reclining sleepily wile stuffed in a chair smiley?)

I tried that a year or so ago and they never arrived and I claimed my money back. I keep looking at our post lady with the utmost suspicion...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 16, 2015, 11:21:51 AM
order them by the display box from Amazon gents,  delivered straight to the door  :thumbsup:   ( where's the reclining sleepily wile stuffed in a chair smiley?)

I tried that a year or so ago and they never arrived and I claimed my money back. I keep looking at our post lady with the utmost suspicion...........

Check the condition of her teeth.  Particularly between them for bits of desecrated coconut...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 16, 2015, 03:17:29 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 16, 2015, 11:21:51 AM

Check the condition of her teeth.  Particularly between them for bits of desecrated coconut...

I'm not sure I've ever been that close to her..........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Won on eBay;
1/72 Airfix KA-25 A/C Hormone helicopter
1/72 spares and repairs P-3 Orion, seller claims it's WW2 Airfix kit!

NARSES2

I'm afraid as far as chocolate goes I like mine unadulterated with nothing but nuts and biscuit.

If without then plain chocolate if with nuts or biscuit then milk. A favourite from the school tuck shop (yes Secondary Moderns did have them) was by Carrs  :thumbsup: Milk chocolate covered crispy biscuit, but quite thin so not like Kit Kat
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Chaos

JayBee

From the Glasgow show to-day, not a lot.

From a stash sale on the Aberdeen modellers stand, and at very reasonable prices :
Matchbox Handley Page Heyford I saw one of these on a well known second hand dealers stand at twice the price.
Airfix F-86D.

From Little Cars :
A new respirator for airbrushing.
An airbrush cleaning pot (something I have needed for ages.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Martin H

for once ive ben to a show (Glasgow) and not brought a single thing model related. Altough a nice TSR-2 canvas painting has been aquired.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

TsrJoe

Nabbed three Hasegawa F.111 kits from a stash clearance sale, one A, F abd an EF  :thumbsup:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Gondor

From the Glasgow show today

From the stash clearance sale by Aberdeen modellers
1 x 1/72 F-14A Tomcat boxing K12X so its one of the very nice ones. Destined to be Royal Navy

From TsrJoe
1 x 1/72 Novo Lynx, thinking of making a BBC version of Airwolf so similar in shape but not quality

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

You mean Airwolf?  

If you do write the backstory, have the producer as Douglas Camfield and Graeme Harper as principal director.  Set it in Scotland.  Hawke?  Mmmn. Robert Glennister, or possibly Trevor Eve.  Roy Marsden as Archangel, Joanne Whalley Kilmer as Gabrielle, Gabrielle Drake as Marella, Brian Blessed as Dominic Santini (keep the name due to the large Italian community in Scotland), keep David Hemmings as Moffet (Moffet was English, thus appealing to Scots nationalists as a villain).   Hawke could live up next to a scottish loch. 

Wouldn't have to be too different, although Hawke's brother could have been on a "fishing trawler" (ie a spy ship) that went missing near the russian arctic and captured.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Thanks Lee, edited my posting.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Weaver

Quote from: Gondor on October 17, 2015, 11:37:42 AM
From TsrJoe
1 x 1/72 Novo Lynx, thinking of making a BBC version of Airwolf so similar in shape but not quality
Gondor

That's a neat idea: there was that series about the RAF (can't recall what it was called) that got all sorts of service co-operation so it might well be practical, despite crowded UK airspace. Another option would be to have some or all flying scenes filmed in Canada.

Thinking about it some more, it wouldn't have to be (and probably shouldn't be) a straight Airwolf rip-off. It's more likely the BBC would look at the craze for "hardware" series (Knight Rider, Street Hawk, Blue Thunder, Airwolf etc..) and produce something "in the spirit of" but with a British twist.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gondor

Quote from: Weaver on October 17, 2015, 02:16:17 PM
Quote from: Gondor on October 17, 2015, 11:37:42 AM
From TsrJoe
Gondor

That's a neat idea: there was that series about the RAF (can't recall what it was called) that got all sorts of service co-operation so it might well be practical, despite crowded UK airspace. Another option would be to have some or all flying scenes filmed in Canada.

Thinking about it some more, it wouldn't have to be (and probably shouldn't be) a straight Airwolf rip-off. It's more likely the BBC would look at the craze for "hardware" series (Knight Rider, Street Hawk, Blue Thunder, Airwolf etc..) and produce something "in the spirit of" but with a British twist.

I think the program your referring to was "Squadron" which had several aircraft types allocated to it including Phantoms and Jaguars and Harriers. There was also a program about life an a Leander class Frigate called "Warship".

Gondor

zenrat

I've got the novelisation of Squadron somewhere...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..