My stash just grew again (2015)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2014, 03:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

argh! I was so proud to see my stash going slowly down, and I fell again !

I was at a local exhibiton, with plenty of very skillful modelling, but only very few whiffing, and nearly no poetic stuff, but this is really nice :

("meuh" stand for cow language in French, pronounced like Me); also note the beetle ("coccinelle")

and then there were these people selling so cheap kits ...
some down to 2 euros (old KP kits) or 3 (Frog Swordfish or Gannett, Plasticart An-14) or 5 (Smer Walrus or MC72), and a historic Frog Shackleton for 10 euros ...

Also, a POMK 1/48 Loire 210 for 30.

Chris Payne

Took a trip over to Halifax Modellers World today and added a new kit to the stash.

Airfix 1/72 AVRO Shackleton MR.2.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

The Wooksta!

Lucky you!  I'm still waiting for my LHS to get them in and god knows when the post office will deliver the other one.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Chris Payne

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 18, 2015, 08:25:32 AM
Lucky you!  I'm still waiting for my LHS to get them in and god knows when the post office will deliver the other one.

HMW had already sold over a dozen since they got them in on Tuesday and after mine they still had at least 4 more on the shelf.

Hannants got 3000 in and are down to less than 1000.

It isn't a limited edition kit so more will be on the way.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

The Wooksta!

Just won on ebay:

CMK Seafire FR47, the 1996 tooling with the incorrect wing blisters.  Another Spitfire FR26 beckons.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 17, 2015, 05:35:21 AM
I'm afraid as far as chocolate goes I like mine unadulterated with nothing but nuts and biscuit.

If without then plain chocolate if with nuts or biscuit then milk. A favourite from the school tuck shop (yes Secondary Moderns did have them) was by Carrs  :thumbsup: Milk chocolate covered crispy biscuit, but quite thin so not like Kit Kat

They used to make them down the road from me when I lived in Carlisle.   The smell from the biscuit factory is "worth a price above rubies" according to my older son's fiancée.

You know Rheged, that begs the question.

Does Mrs. Rheged know what is in your stash?

I suspect not, therefore this addition does not really count as an addition to the stash as the stash is a secret, unknown, entity that SWMBO does not know what its inner contents are.

Surprisingly, Madame R has a pretty good idea of my  stash contents, as I have a clear knowledge about her plant buying habit and predilection for good quality artisan made turned wood items. As it happens, my stash (and my younger son's) were much reduced when we moved house in May last year..........but that Wellesley is MINE, as is the half finished BAe Tern  (a sort of carrier capable Strikemaster)
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

McColm

Won on eBay;
1/72 AeroClub Shackleton MR 2 and AEW conversion multimedia kit
1/24 Academy Ford Capri RS 3100
1/32 Matchbox Elf Tyrrell six wheeler
172 Airfix Saab Viggen and Draggon, B-24 + B-25

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on October 18, 2015, 02:21:08 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 17, 2015, 05:35:21 AM
I'm afraid as far as chocolate goes I like mine unadulterated with nothing but nuts and biscuit.

If without then plain chocolate if with nuts or biscuit then milk. A favourite from the school tuck shop (yes Secondary Moderns did have them) was by Carrs  :thumbsup: Milk chocolate covered crispy biscuit, but quite thin so not like Kit Kat

They used to make them down the road from me when I lived in Carlisle.   The smell from the biscuit factory is "worth a price above rubies" according to my older son's fiancée.

Ah that's right Carr's of Carlisle. You do occaisionaly see them down here and I always get one. Takes me back to morning break at school and the queue for the tuckshop  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Good grief Chris you actually had a queue at the tuckshop. At my old school, Ayr Academy, it was simply a rabble.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Weaver

From Airfix, courtesy of the Flying Hours scheme:

1/72nd Supermarine Swift FR.5. To have terrible, sacriledgeous things done to it in the fullness of time... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on October 19, 2015, 07:13:34 AM
Good grief Chris you actually had a queue at the tuckshop. At my old school, Ayr Academy, it was simply a rabble.

Prefects saw to that. They had quite a bit of leeway when it came to keeping us juniors in hand. Hated them at the time but when I became one it was a great system  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Bungle

Just received 5 rather large boxes from an online auction (not ebay) £150 got me the following.....

Grumman F6F-3/5 Hellcat      Academy
Avro Lancaster B1         Airfix
English Electric Canberra B(I)6   Airfix
Fairey Battle                 Airfix
Handley Page Halifax B.III      Airfix   Nice pair of tweezers in the box - no plastic !
Handley Page Hampden              Airfix
Handley Page O-400              Airfix
Junkers Ju 88 A-4                 Airfix
Lockheed Hudson 1              Airfix
Martin B-26B Marauder              Airfix
Saunders-Roe SR.53              Airfix
Savoia-Marchetti SM.79      Airfix
Short Skyvan                 Airfix
Vickers Wellington B Mk.III      Airfix
Hawker Typhoon Mk.1b Mid Prod.   Brengun
Fairey Firefly Mk. 1         Eastern Express   :banghead:  Part made wings and cockpit painted/glued
Messerschmitt Bf-109F              Eduard  1/144th Scale
BAe Harrier GR.5                 Esci
BAe Sea Harrier FRS.1              Esci Crap turns out just empty sprues in the box
Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3           Esci
MDD F-4J(UK) Phantom II           Esci
MDD AV-8A 'Matador'   x2           Esci   Same again one of the kits only has empty sprues
Avro Shackleton III         Frog  Bum ! Missing a prop
BLACKBURN SKUA                 Frog
Fairey Gannet                 Frog
Handley Page Victor B.I              Frog  1/96th looks like the 1964 boxing
British Aerospace Hawk Red Arrow   Fujimi
Gloster Gladiator                 Inpact    Only one fuselage half
Consolidated PBY-5A Catalina      Minicraft
de Havilland Sea Vixen FAW.1    MPM
Fairey Albacore                 MPM
Fairey Barracuda Mk. II              MPM
Gloster Meteor F. Mk.III              MPM  Full sprues except no fuselage or wings
Gloster Meteor F.Mk.I              MPM
Gloster Meteor Mk.4              MPM
Hawker Sea Hawk                 MPM
Vickers Wellington Mk.IC      MPM
Airspeed Oxford                 Novo
B.A.C. Lightning                            Novo
Bristol Beaufighter X   x2      Novo
Fairey Delta FD.1                 Novo
Hawker Hunter                          Novo
Supermarine Attacker              Novo
Supermarine Spitfire XIV and V1   Novo
Hawker Hurricane Mk1              Sweet 1/144th
BAe Harrier T.4/4N         Sword
English Electric Lightning F Mk.1/2   Sword
English Electric Lightning F.3      Sword
Hawker Siddeley Harrier T.2      Sword
BAC Lightning F Mk.3              Trumpeter
BAC Lightning F.1A/F.2              Trumpeter
BAC Lightning F.6/F.2A              Trumpeter
Hawker Sea Fury FB.11              Trumpeter
Hawker Seahawk FGA Mk.6      Trumpeter  1/48th Scale
Vickers Wellington Mk.IC      Trumpeter
Vickers Wellington Mk.X              Trumpeter
Westland Wyvern S.4              Trumpeter
Concorde                    Chinese Snap Fit kit
Clear Vax  No.8 RAF Bombers           Falcon
BAe Sea Harrier FA.2              Xtrakit
de Havilland Sea Vixen FAW.2/D.3   Xtrakit
English Electric Canberra PR.9          Xtrakit
Gloster Meteor T.Mk. 7             Xtrakit  No canopy or cockpit parts
RAF S.E.5a w/ Wolseley Viper          Roden   Missing one part, of course it would be an important one!
Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XII          Xtrakit   2 in the box though the second is in complete
Supermarine Swift FR.5             Xtrakit

Bought to support my 109 funding - there are quite a few I shall be adding to the stash but also quite a few I'll be moving on. Got to check them all out but at the moment a small sample checks out complete (though most of the Airfix are early boxings and the decals are shot). Anyway some may be appearing on here in the future so don't feel abashed about PMing an offer for anything that takes your fancy. I can only say no !
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

The Wooksta!

The Frog Victor should net you your money back, with the Airfix SR53 getting you a few bob into the bargain.

I'd have the Xtrakit Spitfire XII off you in a hot and know I could find some 109s somewhere for a hostage swap?

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Bungle

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 19, 2015, 01:10:56 PM
The Frog Victor should net you your money back, with the Airfix SR53 getting you a few bob into the bargain.

Rather disappointingly the Victor is missing the stand base, the instructions and any decals. Also it is in white plastic but on the web it always has it as grey plastic so not sure if it's the 1958 or '64 version. The SR53 is pristine.

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 19, 2015, 01:10:56 PM
I'd have the Xtrakit Spitfire XII off you in a hot and know I could find some 109s somewhere for a hostage swap?

Sounds good to me   ;D and if I say so sir, a very fortunous choice. Turns out there are two in the box though one is missing the prop blades. Also seems to be a spare canopy.   Happy to exchange for as many 109s as you think worthy.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures