My stash just grew again (2015)

Started by Army of One, December 31, 2014, 03:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Arrived during the week, from Model Hobbies in the UK, 1/72 photo-etch for Hasegawa's F11F and from Accura Hobby in Poland, Model maker 1/72 PoAF F-16 decals for the Tigermmet 2011, and Model master's Mig-29 brass pitot tube.
From my weekly visit to the LHS, Airfix Defiant and Italeri Hs-129, and the compressor/airbrush set.

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Nick

All the way from Australia in just 5 days, some Aussie Decals sheets from Model Kits Online. They look very crisp and options are given for several aircraft. The full colour instructions are very useful for painting the birds too.

A72036 = RAAF F-4E Phantoms. You get enough Kangaroo roundels for two aircraft plus enough numbers to pick any of the actual machines. A little tricky in that the blue circles and red 'roos are separate decals.

A72059 = RAN and RNZAF A-4G Skyhawks. Markings for 3 RAN Skyhawks from VC-724 and VF-805 squadrons. The RNZAF bird is no.216 currently in the museum at Omaka.

rickshaw

Be aware that thos decals require quite a bit of soaking to separate them from the backing sheet. Also, be very careful with the roos as they are quite delicate and prone to folding over on themselves in the water!
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Rick Lowe

But having the 'Roos (and indeed Kiwis) separate solves printing register problems.
Then any misalignment issues are down to the modeller...  ;)

Would just wetting the decal and leaving it on a paper towel for the water to loosen it be a better option?
Then you could slide the marking straight into place and maybe avoid it curling over on itself...

Just a thought.

The Wooksta!

Give them a thin coat of vanish or Microsol Decal film stuff.  They should have the extra thickness to be more manageable!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Having the roos separate also means you can use the blue & white circles and design your own red parts.
Ducks, turtles, skulls...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on October 30, 2015, 06:47:53 PM
Having the roos separate also means you can use the blue & white circles and design your own red parts.

Very true, hadn't thought of that...

It also means you can have more RAAF SEAC roundels if you run short...

Gondor

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 30, 2015, 07:02:41 PM

Wrong colour of white and blue

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Chaos

Army of One

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 13, 2015, 03:37:57 AM
At the SAPMA Expo on Saturday I bought my One True Grail Kit;

Plus a 1/35 Hobby Boss Land Rover Defender XD Wolf W.M.I.K on Sunday.

Also, a pair of tropical (Vokes) filters for 1/48 Hurricanes (I have a cunning plan!).

Plus some tape & ezy-line.

Have you any idea what the fault is with the Bucc as i read somewhere it is a popular 1/48 kit but won't be reissued as there was a problem with it......I'd love one as well.....great capture for you...... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on October 31, 2015, 02:43:25 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 30, 2015, 07:02:41 PM

Wrong colour of white and blue

Gondor

Yup and indeed SEAC roundels were not white but a blue shade (I'm not getting involved in what it was actually called. I just use the transfers I have  ;D).

The roundels sans Kangaroos however could be used for RAAF Pacific aircraft dependent on their dimensions.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on October 31, 2015, 06:03:27 AM

Have you any idea what the fault is with the Bucc as i read somewhere it is a popular 1/48 kit but won't be reissued as there was a problem with it......I'd love one as well.....great capture for you...... :thumbsup:

Think I read there had been mould damage
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 31, 2015, 06:14:23 AM
Quote from: Army of One on October 31, 2015, 06:03:27 AM

Think I read there had been mould damage

Cheers.........shame.......one of my favourite a/c of all time and a kit I've never had........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Spey_Phantom

3 new addition i brought back from the Netherlands  :thumbsup:

-revell 1/72 MV-22B osprey
-revell 1/144 WW2 vehicles
-revell 1/144 Bundeswehr vehicles.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.