Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Thank you gen'lmen.

I now have two weeks leave.  Obviously we will not be going to NZ as originally planned and will be at home.  I am hoping to get this completed in that time.  Plus some others.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 10, 2020, 03:32:49 AM
That may not be my type of plane but that paint job is something else!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I to am rather impressed with the metalwork  :bow:

Shame about New Zealand Fred. Once this is all over that's the one remaining place I've not been to that I want to get to.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

NMF is silver car paint.

New Zealand isn't going anywhere.  We'll visit when all this is over.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 10, 2020, 06:01:42 AM

New Zealand isn't going anywhere.  We'll visit when all this is over.

You sure ? Continental drift and all that ? Or is it attached to Australia ?  ;)

I'd just found a good guided tour of NZ as well, which as I don't drive suits me. But as you say its not going anywhere, or if it is then it's going very slowly  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

A couple of friends of mine were headed off to NZ this summer for two conferences, and that's all been knocked on the head of course. The hotels and BnB's they had booked have refunded their money already, as have the NZ railways and the car hire people. The airline is being bloody minded about it......

Big business is just TOO damn greedy!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

OK.  IIRC NZ is actually getting something like 2cm a year closer to Australia.

We were staying with a friend in Auckland we haven't seen for 20 years* and hadn't got round to booking any flights so there are no financial losses.  It's annoying though.

I have heard that airlines are being bloody minded about refunds.  They will give customers a credit note for the whole cost but if a refund is required will charge a cancellation fee which can run in some cases (Air New Zealand) into four figures.

While on the subject of big business the big orange baby was on the news today trumpeting (sic) the fact that Russia and OPEC were going to cut oil production and put prices up.  Like its a good thing.
Not to me it isn't.  I like the price of petrol where it is.  I'd like it even more if it went lower but where it is is OK.  I DON'T want it to go up.

*We used to share a flat with her in South Croydon and last saw her on our honeymoon 20 years ago.  Did I mention it was my 20th wedding anniversary on Wednesday?

Fred

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on April 10, 2020, 06:22:35 AM
While on the subject of big business the big orange baby was on the news today trumpeting (sic) the fact that Russia and OPEC were going to cut oil production and put prices up.  Like its a good thing.
Not to me it isn't.  I like the price of petrol where it is.  I'd like it even more if it went lower but where it is is OK.  I DON'T want it to go up.

As do most of us in the States.  But then, he's running his administration like any of his business ventures.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

*We used to share a flat with her in South Croydon and last saw her on our honeymoon 20 years ago.  Did I mention it was my 20th wedding anniversary on Wednesday?

Used to be a small colony of Kiwi's and Aussies living in S Croydon. A lot used the Blacksmiths and I went out with a couple  :angel:

Congratulations on the anniversary  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Did I mention it was my 20th wedding anniversary on Wednesday?

Not until now, no, but congratulations on that.

It's not easy, I only managed 11 years ay my first attempt :( But the late Mrs_PR19 managed 32 yrs second time around.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Did I mention it was my 20th wedding anniversary on Wednesday?

Slightly belated congratulations from all of family Rheged.   33 and 1/3  years and more or less getting the hang of it .
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Old Wombat

Belated congratulations on the anniversary, Fred & Mrs Fred! :thumbsup:

Good grief, my 20th is coming up in October next year but we've been living together for 25 years in May. :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Thanks all.

Not much done today.  Crap weather put me off spending much time in the shed.
Fred

DogfighterZen

No! The price of gas has to drop instead of going up!  :banghead:
I do appreciate the fact that gas has been the lowest it's been in quite a few years now, here in Portugal, a 30 cent drop compared to when the Covid-19 crisis hit the country so, i'd like it to, at least, stay that way... :banghead:

Congrats to you and Mrs Z on the anniversary! 20 years...  :thumbsup: Me and my lady had our second in March... :rolleyes: ;D ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Thanks mate.

I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about economics...
...just like most of the "experts" I see on the idiots lantern.  Economic Forecasters - invented to make the weather men look accurate.

Fred

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on April 11, 2020, 05:37:23 AM
I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about economics...

;D Me neither, i just appreciate the fact that i can drive longer for the same amount of money.  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"