Zenrat's Flying Circus

Started by zenrat, January 02, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 13, 2020, 06:10:29 AM
That fuel tanker reminds me of tthe ones I would have seen driving about when I was a kid in the 50/60's......ah; nostalgia  ;D

You mentioning the Breguet got me looking through the Azur kits in the collect. I have rather a few French late 30's types  ;) Mind you I do like their camouflage schemes  :thumbsup:

I like their designs.  The ones that don't look like flying conservatories can look sleek and purposeful.

I'm still working on the interior of the Breguet but here's a captain's at where the CR-32 is at.  Way deep and wide engraved detail but its a lot better than I was expecting.
CR-32 WIP 14-10-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 14, 2020, 02:41:35 AM

I like their designs.  The ones that don't look like flying conservatories can look sleek and purposeful.

Yup their designs of the period are very much one or the other.

Those Supermodel kits were/are quite nice for their time  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 14, 2020, 07:24:47 AM
Quote from: zenrat on October 14, 2020, 02:41:35 AM

Yup their designs of the period are very much one or the other.

Those Supermodel kits were/are quite nice for their time  :thumbsup:

Hmmmm, i've built their Savoia Marchetti SM-81 and I don't remember it being as nice as this CR-32.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

The SM-81 is of its time certainly but went together well enough if memory serves ? It was tooled the same year I got married  :angel:

I've still got an Italeri boxing in the stash who's one big improvement is the transfer sheet  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

'73.  Same year the CR-32 was tooled.
I also have their Cant Z1007 (twin tail).  I'll have to have a proper grok in the box.

I closed up the Breguet thisarvo.  I needed a clamp or two.
Breguet 693 WIP 16-10-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Interior in this kit meets with my approval.  It has exactly the right amount of PE - seatbelts.*
OK, strictly speaking it also has PE fins for the bombs but I left them out because one of them has a monster sink mark in it and anyway I am going to close the bomb doors up.  Which thinking about it I could have done before I closed the fuselage halves - it might have been easier...
I haven't decided who gets to fly this winged tadpole.  As my printer is kaput it needs to be someone I have markings for already.
Maybe Escadron d'Attaque Normandie-NiƩmen?

*as I typed this sentence I realised I neglected to attach the rear gunner/observer's seatbelts to his bar stool.  Hopefully I can get them in through the rear gun position hole without making too much of a mess
Fred

NARSES2

That photo shows just how small an aircraft it is, quite elegant though.

Quote from: zenrat on October 16, 2020, 03:04:49 AM

*as I typed this sentence I realised I neglected to attach the rear gunner/observer's seatbelts to his bar stool. 

For some reason the thought of French crews having barstools is quite apt  ;) Some of the larger, angular bomber types had seats that resembled wicker garden chairs.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 16, 2020, 06:13:31 AM

For some reason the thought of French crews having barstools is quite apt  ;) Some of the larger, angular bomber types had seats that resembled wicker garden chairs.

Knowing how the French like their lengthy lunches, I wouldn't have been surprised if they had some dining room tables in there as well!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

zenrat

I've alway been jealous of the French approach to time management with respect to lunching.
When travelling in France by motorcycle we would ensure we allowed at least two hours for lunch at an appropriate cafe or bar tabac.  Progress in the afternoon was always much more sedentary than that in the morning.
In Spain we took it to the next level and added a post lunch roadside siesta at any convenient rest area.
Which is how I ended up with a lick lodged in my navel...

The back seater in the Br 693 is provided with a circular stool to perch upon.
I managed to add the belts.  Took a few tries but I avoided gluing them to the wrong place, or to my fingers or forceps.

I did some work on the Sea Witch today.  I've started building her masts.  They are moulded as single round section lengths so thankfully I am not having to glue semi circular halves together with the resulting joint lines to deal with.  There are still mould separation lines and ejector pin marks but thankfully no sink marks so far.
Sanding the lower sections takes some time as there are reinforcing bands moulded every cm or so.
The paper is there to (hopefully) prevent me snapping off the bowsprit or foremast.
Sea Witch WIP 17-10-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 17, 2020, 03:45:20 AM
I've alway been jealous of the French approach to time management with respect to lunching.

Moi ici  ;)

Mind you back in the 60/70's City of London Friday lunchtimes used to drag on till 10.pm  :cheers:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 17, 2020, 06:29:46 AM
Quote from: zenrat on October 17, 2020, 03:45:20 AM

Moi ici  ;)

Mind you back in the 60/70's City of London Friday lunchtimes used to drag on till 10.pm  :cheers:

;D :thumbsup:

zenrat

I can't drink like that anymore.

My Mother's dog went to sleep for the last time on Friday.  He was at least 17 years old, probably closer to 19.
He was a bit odd but then he was a rescue dog and had been damaged by humans before Mum took him in.
RIP Smudge.
Smudge by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

So what did I make today?

Scones!  We had a late lunch of Cream Tea while watching the Super Netball Grand Final.  Melbourne won beating West Coast by two points.
Cream Tea and Netball by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I also got another two masts built for the Sea Witch...
Sea Witch WIP 18-10-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

...and got the top wing on the Fiat.  This wasn't easy as each interplane strut was an individual part.  I would usually leave the top wing off until it was painted but I because of the struts I wanted to attach it with styrene cement for strength and so needed a plastic to plastic joint.  Also only the outer interplane struts are rigged.  It is currently upside down on the bench while the glue on the first wheel's struts dries.
CR-32 WIP 18-10-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Breguet interior.
Breguet Br 693 WIP 18-10-2020 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Breguet Br 693 WIP 18-10-2020 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

Old Wombat

Smudge looks cute! Good life, eventually, & long! :thumbsup:

All three builds look to be going well, Breguet looks excellent. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 18, 2020, 01:57:01 AM
I can't drink like that anymore.

Neither can I, and what's more I no longer even attempt to  :thumbsup:

Quote from: zenrat on October 18, 2020, 01:57:01 AM

My Mother's dog went to sleep for the last time on Friday.  He was at least 17 years old, probably closer to 19.
He was a bit odd but then he was a rescue dog and had been damaged by humans before Mum took him in.
RIP Smudge.
Smudge by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Oh he was a stunner, obviously a lot of Spaniel there (if he wasn't pedigree that is) and that's a heck of an age. Well done Smudge and your mum  :thumbsup

Great work on the Breguet interior mate  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: